Sign in to follow this  
fiftysix

My Experience with P3D 2.4 - With Video

I updated from the patch and found no issues at all. All updated smoothly 

Must say, I am impressed with the improvements LM have made here. Performance is much better as does everything looks sharper. With the shadows now fixed, looks even more immersive than ever.

This video was taken over Portland, so there was quite a bit of autogen around. With all my graphic sliders far right and with shadows enabled I have frames set at 25fps. The counter hardly dips as you can see from 2:16 into this video.

Using Opus to generate the weather, there was a fair amount of cloud cover.

Very happy with LM and their improvements

Nice video and thanks for sharing. The camera shaking effect has the positive side effect that stutters are much less noticeable. Maybe that's a solution to all those here on the forum who keep complaining about stutters... ;-)

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

I updated from the patch and found no issues at all. All updated smoothly 

Must say, I am impressed with the improvements LM have made here. Performance is much better as does everything looks sharper. With the shadows now fixed, looks even more immersive than ever.

Very happy with LM and their improvements

Very good video, fiftysix. Do you use EZDOK Camera?

Thanks,

Dirk.

Very good video, fiftysix. Do you use EZDOK Camera?

Thanks,

Dirk.

Im using Opus weather engine with its built in dynamic head movement. Very easy to set up 

Thanks

John 

Nice video.  I just installed 2.4 and it is very smooth and the dimension that is provided by the light and shadows looks like you are actually flying in a real environment. 

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

The sky is still distorted...and the ground textures were grainy.  The sky, no matter how you panned, still had a wrap-around fish-eye.

The same shot taken with v2.3, would have had symmetrical clouds, that didn't have a swirl effect and long form-factor extrusion,.that unfortunately this video shows.  Now I know for sure, that your system put out the same graphics as mine.  Now, I know that it is a coding change-up. Thanks for taking the time to post! :)

Nice vid. I use ASN so don't get popping clouds in P3D.

Did you have terrain shadowing on or off?

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

Is there any improvements on frames?

Regards.

On my modest machine, have an old i7 920@ 3.2ghz, but quite a nice GPU, the EVGA Superclocked GTX680. I notice a nice improvement in fps. Only before I installed this patch, the same flight, I was getting a drop into the teens for fps, now they pretty much stay around 25

Is it normal for the clouds to pop in and out in P3D ?

I think its a bug that we have to live with (for now I guess)... I don't see it much and don't create too much of a distraction for me. Im more concerned with the spinning clouds that still exist.

Nice video.  I just installed 2.4 and it is very smooth and the dimension that is provided by the light and shadows looks like you are actually flying in a real environment. 

I think there is an improvement with the shadows for sure with this latest version. When I patched from 2.2 to 2.3, I was disappointed that the shadows didn't look as prominent. But thats back now, fist thing I noticed.

The sky is still distorted...and the ground textures were grainy.  The sky, no matter how you panned, still had a wrap-around fish-eye.

The same shot taken with v2.3, would have had symmetrical clouds, that didn't have a swirl effect and long form-factor extrusion,.that unfortunately this video shows.  Now I know for sure, that your system put out the same graphics as mine.  Now, I know that it is a coding change-up. Thanks for taking the time to post! :)

I don't really see what you're seeing to be honest. The main thing for me, is that I can enjoy this sim again. But everyone is different and have different expectations. But I think it all depends on what your zoom level is to wether you set wide aspect or normal view. 

I do most of my flying in the cockpit and have my zoom level set at 0.60. When you switch to external and zoom out to anything greater, then you are bound to see this 'fish eye' look to the sim.

Thanks for your comments and feedback though 

Nice vid. I use ASN so don't get popping clouds in P3D.

Did you have terrain shadowing on or off?

I have all shadows enabled, cast and receive :)

The sky is still distorted

Do you have the Wide-view Aspect Ratio option enabled?  

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Do you have the Wide-view Aspect Ratio option enabled?  

Yes, I have this enabled and my cockpit zoom set at 0.60 

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "The Prepar3d General Forum" to "Aviation and Flight Sim Video Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.