Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Has LM, hit the wall, as far as P3D.x coding is concerned?

Mitch,

Your screenshots in the other thread - which airport was that, and which weather theme did you use?

I have the same aircraft (Carenado) and would like to reproduce your shot.

All the best,

Daz

.you see the tunnel effect out towards the horizon...which has a constricted, narrow appearance. I tooks shots of this and posted them in this forum yesterday from my C377.....

For me, that tunnel effect totally disappears, returns to normal, as soon as I hit backspace.

If I recall your screenshot correctly, it looks as tough the cockpit zoom/viewpoint was fine but the external view port was expanded, almost like when you use the ctrl -/+ keys to move your camera position rather than actually zoom in/out the camera..

Daz

I think you were a little early in blaming LM for this. Like the replies above, I've noticed a marked improvement in 2.4 over 2.3. I can't observe none of the things you said in my sim.... OOM management is great, the shadows are better (not fixed, but definitely better)... Have you tried to install 2.4 from scratch, or, using your words, installing a virgin 2.4?

Cheers!

Yes, Sbacchini...a full  from-scracth v2.4 installation early this morning.  From the get go.. in the default jet, the very first flight...a pain'ed....extruded into the distance sky visual...with clouds that were distorted, and looking like fat Twinkies...lol.  The clouds were the default. The sim had nothing touching it of a 3rdP nature.  I flew...I looked...I frowned...and I uninstalled.  If somebody is having a better go with their v2.4...I'm most happy for them. That is the full truth.  It just didn't work out for me, personally...and I won't you-know-what in somebody else's corn-flakes...  I am happy to be running v2.3, which does meet all my visual needs, and then some!  So, all is good...very good.

Cheers!

Happy Camper again....

Mitch,

Your screenshots in the other thread - which airport was that, and which weather theme did you use?

I have the same aircraft (Carenado) and would like to reproduce your shot.

All the best,

Daz

For me, that tunnel effect totally disappears, returns to normal, as soon as I hit backspace.

If I recall your screenshot correctly, it looks as tough the cockpit zoom/viewpoint was fine but the external view port was expanded, almost like when you use the ctrl -/+ keys to move your camera position rather than actually zoom in/out the camera..

Daz

Daz, I was sitting on the threshold at  CYTZ,  in Toronto.  Man..if you can show me that the same sky visuals can be had in v2.4, as they are in v2.3.......by any methods of yours...I'd be jumping for joy...have a go at it, my friend! :)  Leave a link to those screen grabs in this thread...and I will most certainly look forward to what you might reproduce!!!!

Mitch

Daz, I was sitting on the threshold at  CYTZ,  in Toronto.  Man..if you can show me that the same sky visuals can be had in v2.4, as they are in v2.3.......by any methods of yours...I'd be jumping for joy...have a go at it, my friend! :)  Leave a link to those screen grabs in this thread...and I will most certainly look forward to what you might reproduce!!!!

I'll give it a go later - did you use the default weather theme?

Daz

Hopefully you can sort this out Mitch.  :)  

I am not experiencing any issues that you are in 2.4.  v2.4 is a solid step forward and it has more smoothness and better visual representation.  I just installed it last night and was up until 3am enjoying the experience.  Just love this version.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

I'll give it a go later - did you use the default weather theme?

Daz

Yessir...I fired up v2.4...and it plopped me down on the default threshold...in the default A35

Hopefully you can sort this out Mitch.  :)  

I am not experiencing any issues that you are in 2.4.  v2.4 is a solid step forward and it has more smoothness and better visual representation.  I just installed it last night and was up until 3am enjoying the experience.  Just love this version.

Then that is fabulous for you Mike. I had hoped for the same result.  Having said that...it's not like I am going back to some 'dog' version.  I remember how thrilled I was within the first ten minutes of flight in v2.3. That can be produced, any time I fly back inside it....   Cheers!

Mitch'er

Yessir...I fired up v2.4...and it plopped me down on the default threshold...in the default A35

Then that is fabulous for you Mike. I had hoped for the same result.  Having said that...it's not like I am going back to some 'dog' version.  I remember how thrilled I was within the first ten minutes of flight in v2.3. That can be produced, any time I fly back inside it....   Cheers!

Mitch'er

I'm a bit confused now - is CYTZ Toronto now the default threshold or did you set up another default flight?

Then....the leg over a saddle for some by-the-lake motorcycling.....which proves, that there is no day..that a little sunshine and wind, can't light up... :lol:

Amen to that!  B)

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

To be honest I can't even understand what you are talking about Mitch. Here are some pictures I just took, can you see anything wrong with them?

5l7wgz.jpg

317ecg9.jpg

Yes, Sbacchini...a full  from-scracth v2.4 installation early this morning.  From the get go.. in the default jet, the very first flight...a pain'ed....extruded into the distance sky visual...with clouds that were distorted, and looking like fat Twinkies...lol.  The clouds were the default. The sim had nothing touching it of a 3rdP nature.  I flew...I looked...I frowned...and I uninstalled.  If somebody is having a better go with their v2.4...I'm most happy for them. That is the full truth.  It just didn't work out for me, personally...and I won't you-know-what in somebody else's corn-flakes...  I am happy to be running v2.3, which does meet all my visual needs, and then some!  So, all is good...very good.

Cheers!

Happy Camper again....

Mitch

Hi Mitch,

Screenshots at CYTZ as promised, using the Building Storms weather theme, one in the C337 and one in the F35A:

csOyV.jpg

ZqXxU.jpg

Nothing wrong with those to my eyes.

Regards,

Daz

I think that LM most likely has hit the wall, as far as driving a decades-old graphic engine.

Hey Mitch,

now you're in the whining phase. Come on ... think pink and be happy. Tomorrow is another day and the sun will shine for you.

Spirit

Bottom line is, I don't see the issue you refer to....

I must be one of the chosen as well. 

Works perfect for me  :P

A few more from the climb. I don't know about you, but these seem bloody amazing to me... The sun reflection on the sea really helps ;)

20kwqds.jpg

ruwh0l.jpg

ve5f9v.jpg

1y1jqd.jpg

Hey guys, n gals....it's all good. I won't say another thing about this topic.  All is good.

I'm back home in the most beautiful flight sim edition, they ever made.. ground textures that stock rivaled ORBX Global....vibrancy of colors...skies with life, and hue...and gorgeous clouds..that are all default.  I haven't even begun to add in yet..

So..all is good...and to all..a most happy simming... :)   I lay my case down...and am back to flying the best of best, in P3D Technicolor! :)

Moderators...these links (not photos in-bedded in AVSIM) are for demonstrative  posting. Not for general screen snapping....  Thank you.

....and THOSE..are clouds....!!!

"Oh..and by the the way...that is me, in the cockpit..."   Yeah, yeah...yeah.......LOL!    Having a blast...once more smokin' the P3D skies...

I don't think they've reached the limit yet. Even though they can make substantial advancements from now on only if they ditch the old code and go for a new 64-bit simulator, I think there's still a lot to be done with 2.x, especially when it comes to bugs.

I'm somewhat baffled though, many issues are being reported in here while the Prepar3D forum is mostly filled with "thank you" messages. If you want your issues to be taken into account, then you must post them in the official Prepar3D forums, because in the 2.4 article they've made it clear the forum is the main source of bug reports.