Sign in to follow this  
BMagann

My trees have (mostly) vanished!

Almost all of the trees have vanished from my scenery in FSX. It doesn't matter whether I run default or Orbx scenery, only a few stands of trees are visible even where there should be dense forest. And yes, I have moved the autogen slider all the way to the right. I can't think of any changes I have made to my installation in the last several weeks, but something has gone all lumberjack on me.

This is a new one for me. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

- Bill Magann

Do you have anything in your FSX.cfg under [Terrain] for the amount of trees per cell?  I

have my number set fairly low.

[TERRAIN]
TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=300
TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=200
LOD_RADIUS=5.000000
MESH_COMPLEXITY=75
MESH_RESOLUTION=20
TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=27
AUTOGEN_DENSITY=4
DETAIL_TEXTURE=1
WATER_EFFECTS=4

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Thank you for the reply. I haven't touched my cfg in a while, but I will check and see if it has been changed.

- Bill Magann

I didn't have that line in my fsx.cfg at all, or the one for buildings. I added both (with higher numbers than you have), and more trees did appear, but there are still areas that should be tree covered that are not. This is especially evident in the Orbx scenery areas.

I re-installed the Orbx scenery but that had no impact either.

- Bill Magann

I think the original number in the tree line was either 3,000 or 5,000.  Did you take your

number up that high?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Nope, only to 1300. I will give the bigger numbers a try.

- Bill Magann

Try cycling FTX Central, it could be that something has updated your autogendescriptions.spb and you have some missing descriptions as a result. Also make sure you have the latest Orbxlibs installed before you do that as they will contain the latest aurogendescriptions.

Jim

check scenery/global/scenery. You should have a couple different .bgl files with "veg" in the name somewhere. More than one of them has tree objects inside... so if you're missing one, you might still have some trees in your autogen, but be unable to reach full density.

Try cycling FTX Central, it could be that something has updated your autogendescriptions.spb and you have some missing descriptions as a result. Also make sure you have the latest Orbxlibs installed before you do that as they will contain the latest aurogendescriptions.

Jim

Cycling the scenery in FTX Central did the trick! Thank you. 

- Bill Magann