Sign in to follow this  
z06z33

Going to buy X-plane but what are the best graphics mods?

I'm gonna buy xplane and give it a try but I'd like to know that the best graphics mods are payware or freeware doesn't matter. I'm new to the XPlane scene so bear with me lol.

Thanks All.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

The mods 

HD Mesh 2 

World2XP 

FlywithLua with Real Terra Haze

These at least I know are free.  And they are just great.  

There are many available at the x plane forum.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

As Ironmaiden said :smile:

At the most basic, HD Mesh v2 (Shortly v3) is a must.

For more detailed scenery (photo and buildings) have a look at simheaven.com who offer photoscenery and World2XPlane scenery ready made and for free (or a donation) if you have the disk space.

Good place to start is here http://forum.avsim.net/topic/429465-x-plane-10-add-on-resources-freeware-and-payware/

Have you downloaded and flown the heck out of the demo to make sure it's to your taste. Addons (freeware/payware) can be installed into the demo. you're just restricted on time and location.

I would add SkyMaxxPro to the above. X-Plane has lots to offer once you get used to it not being FSX/P3d, takes a little time to adjust but well worth it.

Have you downloaded and flown the heck out of the demo to make sure it's to your taste. Addons (freeware/payware) can be installed into the demo. you're just restricted on time and location.

Thats a good idea!

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Bear in mind though that a lot can be done to improve on the basic offering with cheap or even free addons. The demo is only a fraction of the story.

Yeah, I wouldn't put too much store by your experience with the demo...

However you can put the mesh and lua art changes in to get a brief 'wow!' before buying.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

The downside of the demo is that it shows a nicely rendered airport and cityscape.

Some airports don't even have buildings and taxiway signage... Actually I'd say most don't.

There's a movement to fix this via a world editor program and people build them and updates get automatically added in new XP releases. A lot of bigger airports now look decent.

Other than that run HDR and get the addons above.

For aircraft basically get the latest Carenado planes (they're far better in XP compared to FSX) and get the LES Saab 340 (it's incredible), there's some nice tube liners like the B757, A320 Neo, B737-200, Jetsream 32, CRJ200. I like the Aerobask Lancair Legacy, same company made a freeware Eclipse jet too get that.

You can update your navdata in the sim and the new GNS 530 has updates too - works similar to RXP units but is more basic in terms of functionality.

Don't go nuts with sliders set cloud puffs to 15-20 otherwise fps will tank.

Like FSX you need a powerful system especially in larger cities.

There's not really good AI traffic but I fly online (pilot edge / vatsim) so no factor for me

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

You want a free bird than get the Sbach 300 from Xpfr.org  

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus