Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dianne_S

Am I hearing things?

Guest danowat

Hi,Today on a flight from CDG to Nantes, I am sure I heard something from the ATC that I have never heard before."xxx cleared to land, winds 130 at 10, windshear at 1100ft", Windshear warnings?, never heard that before.Was I hearing things, or does ATC give windshear warnings?Dan.

Guest KFD

I,m a controller and I've given windshear warnings to aircraft on finals. Usually because someone has experienced it and reported it to ATC - we then tell inbounds that the possibility is there i.e: "xxxx cleared land - caution, windshear"Kev

Guest danowat

Yeah, but this was in the "canned" inbuilt ATC in FS.Dan.

Guest Edam

I got that warning for the first time yesterday, but not from ATC. It was the same voice that alerts you to terrain and altitude, etc. I forget which add-on I installed that does that.

Guest Jozef_K

In my FS2004/sound directory there is a directory /GPWS, which has a file windsheer.wav. I do not remember which addon has installed it, but it must be a GPWS gauge.Jozef

Guest glnflwrs

Ever heard this warning?A Flight Instructor and his student were holding on the runway for departing traffic when a deer runs out of the nearby woods, stops in the middle of the runway, and just stands there looking at them. Tower: Cessna 7 Tango Xray cleared for take-off. Std: "What should I do? What should I do?" Inst: "What do you think you should do?" Std: "Maybe if I taxi toward him it'll scare him away." Inst: "That's a good idea." (Taxis toward deer, but deer holds position.) Tower: Cessna 7 Tango Xray cleared for take-off, runway 12. Std: "What should I do? What should I do?" Inst: "What do you think you should do?" Std: "Maybe I should tell the tower." Inst: "That's a good idea." Std: "Tower Cessna 7 Tango Xray, uh, there's a deer down here on the runway." Tower: Roger 7 Tango Xray, hold your position. Deer on runawy 12 cleared for immediate departure. (The deer bolts from the runway, and runs back into the woods.) Tower: Cessna 7 Tango Xray cleared for departure, runway 12. Caution wake turbulence, departing deer. Hehehe!Glenn"When a man learns how much he doesn't know compared to how much there is to learn, he starts getting smarter."

I have the default ATC and I don't even get wind advisory. Have you installed any ATC upgrades?

There's some kind of ATC upgrade with the voicepack that does all the airline names. Have you all checked that out recently?Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Guest Dianne_S

This exchange actually happened between a center controller and a ga cessna pilot with a PPL rating: (content edited for expedience)"Cessna: Center, Cessna 123 lima mike, on the ABC 112 radial at 34 DME, level at flight level seven thousand, request flight following....CTR: Cessna 123 lima mike, Center, say again your altitudeCessna: Roger, I'm level at flight level seven thousand.CTR: (muffled laugh)CTR: Cessna 123 lima mike, Center, fire retro-rockets and prepare for re-entry"

When I installed the Editvoice I noticed that it added wind conditions during Take-off Clearance and I thing during Landing Clearance, these it was not there before when I installed FS9 for the org-box. I haven't hear yet about wind shears but I will add East-South and Central-South USA into my flies from now on.Cheers,MAB

I could have sworn I heard an AI aircraft around the Seattle/Vancouver area request an alternate destination the other day..... Went through the whole dialog of changing destinations on an IFR flight plan.... Strange.... :(

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

Guest danowat

Yes, I have used Editvoice pack to "upgrade" the ATC, maybe that adds windshear warnings?.Dan.