Sign in to follow this  
N1G

Poll - Happy with 2.4? 1 for YES, 0 for NO

If all of my Orbx airports could be converted over I would probably be done with FSX now. I have been a critic in the past but I am satisfied with the product at this point.

- Bill Magann

But honestly, I see zero difference to 2.3...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

+1 Finally managed to install and do a flight on 2.4 ! First impression is excellent. Smooth flight. Not one stutter. Thx LM

After update and a short test flight, everything worked fine. I hadn't much trouble with 2.3 either, so no big improvements noticed as of yet, though.

0    I never had CTD before loading the newest. Now P3D doesn't run long enough to even do anything with it. 

Keith Guillory

0    I never had CTD before loading the newest. Now P3D doesn't run long enough to even do anything with it.

Just curious did you upgrade or do a full install?

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

+1 for me. Had to re-run the patch as i messed up my clouds fix but now it is smooth as butter. Clouds no longer kill my system.

Followed Rob's instructions plus a full install.

Result, a stuttering slideshow.

Clean install of 344.11 drivers.

2.4 now smooth as silk!

Jim

Asus Rog Maximus VIII Hero, i9-10900k 4.8GHZ, Corsair H100 cooler, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 2666, RTX3090 20GB, Win10 HP 64-bit, 3 Monitors "19-22-19", Vive Pro 2 Headset.

+1

Did a complete system (Windows 8.1) reinstall: formatted my OS drive and within 2 1/2 hours I was flying the Airbus again above FTX Global + OpenLC with ASN weather and a PFPX OFP on my lap. Big fun on a slow saturday afternoon. If flightsimming hadn't been my hobby, reinstalling the OS would be. ^_^ I just love a clean and lean system! B)

0, they didn't actually fix anything.

Oh come on... they just made up the list of fixes, right?  :rolleyes:

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Oh come on... they just made up the list of fixes, right?  :rolleyes:

They didn't fix OOMs.

They didn't fix terrain shadows.

They didn't fix flashing vertical spikes with high autogen (although maybe "Fixed issue with vertical geometry spikes" is a different thing)

Overall I don't see much (any) difference between 2.3 and 2.4.

Overall I don't see much (any) difference between 2.3 and 2.4.

- I can see the glass in the Airbus VC now: they fixed that.

- I don't have to manually edit files to fix the clouds: they fixed that.

- HDR seems quite different: less bloom, less dark, they definitely changed that (don't know if I'd call it a fix or improvement... I liked the previous HDR a lot...)

- Internal Vehicle Cast is now actually being saved which finally enables me to select appropriate presets without having to change them again in the sum: they fixed that.

- They sort of fixes terrain shadows... but not really, so it seems. ^_^

Not earth shaking but worth it to me!

And btw I never have OOMs and CTD's, I am happy to say.

a big 1

Lets not forget this is still a $50.00 piece of software and with all the fixes (free of charge) we should be most grateful to LM.