Sign in to follow this  
N1G

Poll - Happy with 2.4? 1 for YES, 0 for NO

The whole family thanks you.

Ray

When I am having my pork sausages and Canadian bacon for breakfast will they be thanking me then? :lol:

Holding out for 2.5, maybe...

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Took the patch way under recommended instructions. Overall, very satisfied and contrary to what being said by some, I can use the terrain on terrain and clouds on terrain shadowings together without problem.

.98 :smile: (because of the vertical clouds).

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Guest tymk

It's a 1, I especially love the improvements to visibility (much more realistic haze at shorter distances). Just some issues with the shadows, but can live with them until they're fixed.

I can use the terrain on terrain and clouds on terrain shadowings together without problem.

Does this work at all times of day? For me, the shadows are flawless in the morning and in the evening, but tend to become "blotchy" in the mountains when the sun is higher (easy to check using the Time Preview slider).

Tym

Hi Tym

Some smallish black artifacts indeed (like veg' shadow but it aint because they persist even when veg' cast is off) ,  around noon, here and there. Not too distacting for me, I had not seen them before from Inside the VC from where I sim most of the time.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

0 - Was promised a fix for the terrain shadow artifacts but it didn't happen. That was the whole reason I wanted version 2.4. Now I'm waiting for 2.5.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

To be honest, 0

Maybe I just have my settings screwed up, but it is not the best experience I have had.  2.2 was a 1 for me.