Sign in to follow this  
N1G

Poll - Happy with 2.4? 1 for YES, 0 for NO

a big 1

Lets not forget this is still a $50.00 piece of software and with all the fixes (free of charge) we should be most grateful to LM. 

Agreed - good point

Rich Sennett

No other vendor is spending as much time upgrading their software for free, that for sure. Except, maybe, Microsoft. ;o)

Jazz

a big 1

Lets not forget this is still a $50.00 piece of software and with all the fixes (free of charge) we should be most grateful to LM. 

Considering the first one wouldn't get off the ground it's the least they could do for a beta software. This thing was released 8 months before it was ready.

+1 LM has done a great job.

They didn't fix OOMs.

They didn't fix terrain shadows.

They didn't fix flashing vertical spikes with high autogen (although maybe "Fixed issue with vertical geometry spikes" is a different thing)

Overall I don't see much (any) difference between 2.3 and 2.4.

Ok. But these are incidental and not experienced by all users. I have never had an OOM with Prepar3d and my terrainshadows look fine. So what you mention hardly qualifies as 'they haven't fixed anything' as you so bluntly state. Again, look at the list of things that were fixed in 2.4

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

0.5. It is an improvement compared to 2.3, but not a big enough I'm afraid. If they fixed some more stuff, fixed the terrain shadows completely and added at least a couple of new features, then it would have been enough to call it an update.

Ok. But these are incidental and not experienced by all users. I have never had an OOM with Prepar3d and my terrainshadows look fine. So what you mention hardly qualifies as 'they haven't fixed anything' as you so bluntly state. Again, look at the list of things that were fixed in 2.4

They didn't fix things that were important to me. How hard is that to understand? Am I not allowed to say that I don't care for the patch? Why even have this thread then? I have a fresh install of 2.4 so please don't tell me that everything is fine and dandy because YOU don't have these problems. 

They didn't fix things that were important to me. How hard is that to understand? Am I not allowed to say that I don't care for the patch? Why even have this thread then? I have a fresh install of 2.4 so please don't tell me that everything is fine and dandy because YOU don't have these problems. 

You didn't write the 'important to me' part before. I was irritated by the generalization of your post, how hard to understand is that? :rolleyes:  Sorry you still experience these issues. Looking at this thread by the way, the vast majority is content with v2.4. I sincerely hope future versions will fix the issues you and some others are still having.

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :wub: :rolleyes: :lol:

Russ

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

Just installed a GTX 980 Superclocked and running Surround at 8100x1440 with the Majestic Dash 8 at FlightBeam Denver getting 30-40fps on the ground. Couldn't be happier.

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

Chalk up another one. 1!  

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

They didn't fix flashing vertical spikes with high autogen

FYI, I can duplicate these also, it's not an LM problem, it's simply the GPU(s) not keeping up ... I can replicate by setting 4096 textures and maxing out autogen and then adding SGSS AA into the mix.  To avoid, use 1024 textures, and/or manager autogen to less than max, and/or don't use SGSS AA.

Cheers, Rob.

FYI, I can duplicate these also, it's not an LM problem, it's simply the GPU(s) not keeping up ... I can replicate by setting 4096 textures and maxing out autogen and then adding SGSS AA into the mix.  To avoid, use 1024 textures, and/or manager autogen to less than max, and/or don't use SGSS AA.

Cheers, Rob.

Thanks. I have my settings low enough so I do not get them now. It makes sense that it is an anomaly based on GPU power since they only show up on high autogen settings. 

I like the pig with the wings!

it fly's in the face of the idiom "when Pigs fly"

No pig intended.

It reminds me of when the phrase "Fligth Sim is dead"

was going around!

But thats not all there is to it.

I do believe that for anyone who

can cope with the culture shock

X-PLane10 is a 1 too!

pig intended:-)

and then there is goat simulator.

Its a veritable feast for anyone