Sign in to follow this  
JSkorna

More Traffic in Alaska

Guest byoung

I have Ultimate Traffic and I noticed the traffic is really sparse in Alaska. Even around Anchorage (PANC)...Is it like this in real life? Around Anchorage (PANC)? I have been to anchorage in real life and there is always float planes, and tons of GA traffic everywhere.Is there anyway to add more GA traffic? I fly the ATR at about FL120.Thanks!Barry

download the program GA-Traffic from the library and get some ai airplanes, the program will create flights for all those planes at every airport. one of the greatest utilities ever! Also if you know how, download some flight plans from the library as well for the smaller carriers that fly around alaska. that will up your traffic. Plus make sure UT has no unassigned aircraft for some of the smaller carriers, download the repaints and add them to the utility. If you don't know what to do, the UT forum has some step by step instructions.

Howdy,The Alaska AFCAD package made by Chris Coarse, ak032505.zip, contains several flightplan files for various types of aircraft and locations. They require manual installation but Chris provides very detailed instructions.Cheers, Holger

The majority of the GA traffic I always saw coming out of Alaska was from Lake Hood with its various air charter ops. Seeing as I've never seen parking spaces placed for any of the floatplane bases, I GA-Traffic won't help there, unless you start AFCADing docks into the various floatplane bases, like Hood.----------------------------------------------------------------John MorganReal World: KGEG, UND Aerospace Spokane Satillite, Private ASEL 141.2 hrs, 314 landings, 46 inst. apprs.Virtual: MSFS 2004"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

John Morgan

"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

Hi John,the default seaplane AFCAD files indeed don't have any parking "docks" for AI floatplanes. However, Chris has implemented those in at least some of his AFCAD versions and, I believe, he used the same approach some of us have developed for AI floatplane traffic. Working examples (i.e., AFCAD files plus custom floatplanes plus flightplans) are available here in the library as ai_float.zip as well as in the gl_bay_1.zip and gorge_ai.zip packages.The biggest issue at this point is that there are very few floatplane models dedicated to AI traffic (i.e., with low polygon counts) but that situation will hopefully change in the near future. For example, an AI DHC-2 is in the works: http://www.flightsimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31483Cheers, Holger