Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Back in the P3D saddle...what a sim! What a sim....glorious....

Here's some shots of the the current Fall date...and such beautiful bright, Fall field textures below me...and THIS is stock P3D v2.3!!!   I haven't even loaded my ORBX stuff yet. Having a ball, once more! 

6  http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/a6w

Great shots Mitch!

However the clouds are definitely not stock, and most likely not other elements. B)

You're right...no not the clouds, Tim. I had just installed my  REX4 Direct Theme before catching this flight, and by STOCK, was referring to the ground textures. v2.4 in NO WAY looked like what you see here, for Fall ground textures...so I know that something was edited between versions.  I just finished all my ORBX marathon..and can't wait  for some flying tonight.  The ground here, is stock...and the sky is: Tim.  When I first ran v2.3...I could not believe how ORBX'ish it looked.   What you see here, is post cloud install, but pre ORBX Global, etc...  Pretty cool, huh?  Sorry to have to say this, but your most excellent cloud sets, looked like crap in v2.4 They looked like little puff balls, all stuck together into a larger cloud. WTH?!?!?!

Now...what you see in THESE pictures, are Tim Clouds.... :P

You're right...no not the clouds, Tim. I had just installed my  REX4 Direct Theme before catching this flight, and by STOCK, was referring to the ground textures. v2.4 in NO WAY looked like what you see here, for Fall ground textures...so I know that something was edited between versions.  I just finished all my ORBX marathon..and can't wait  for some flying tonight.  The ground here, is stock...and the sky is: Tim.  When I first ran v2.3...I could not believe how ORBX'ish it looked.   What you see here, is post cloud install, but pre ORBX Global, etc...  Pretty cool, huh?  Sorry to have to say this, but your most excellent cloud sets, looked like crap in v2.4 They looked like little puff balls, all stuck together into a larger cloud. WTH?!?!?!

Now...what you see in THESE pictures, are Tim Clouds.... :P

You are a stubborn little fella aren't you? No textures were modified in 2.4, you can check the date of the files on the textures folder. Something was wrong with your installation, stop blaming LM....If you want to stay with 2.3, that's fine, it's your prerogative. But you are missing a lot of optimization and bug fixes (that's what the patch was all about, not changing the textures).

Great screens by the way.

Cheers!

Squash!! You have got to take your pills like the nice Doctor man said. You are making me Bi-Polar with all your ups and downs. :p0503:

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

You are a stubborn little fella aren't you?

You are a stubborn little fella aren't you?

----------------------------------------------------------

You made me laugh!   Yes..you are right...I got the best wife of my life, because I was stubborn enough to keep pursuing her...so..it can be a good trait.  They call me the Bull Dog...lol.  OK...I defer...whatever...and will only say, that for my own personal preferences, P3D v2.3 is my steed-of-choice.  Like I always maintained in my 'hit the wall' thread, I am so very glad for anyone that has had a happy and fruitful experience in migrating to the latest, and as Rob very much, correctly pointed out...3rdP Devs are only going to put their energy and releases in the most current version. HiSoft has already pulled support for v2.3...and you can't even get ASN for a download other than for v2.4 only. So...he's most right.  I hope that v2.5 will be a winner for me...and be accepted with as much enthusiasm....as personally it was to go from v2.3 to v2.3     In final...I did not 'blame' or witch-hunt anybody....I merely off-loaded some disappointment with v2.4...as I would have screamed accolades, had I felt that way.  You win some, and you lose some. 

Take care...and keep the bottom of the wings, facing down.....  -_-

Mitch

Squash!! You have got to take your pills like the nice Doctor man said. You are making me Bi-Polar with all your ups and downs. :p0503:

"Obama Care might prove difficult for that outcome...lol".  LIke I said in a post above....you will ALWAYS know the truth of how I feel about a piece of software.  I am a (f)an boy of nothing. If something is soooooooooooo good...that you need to scream it off the top of a mountain...I am your man!  If it (in my opinion...) is not meets-demand.....that will be the message.  So...you probably have only seen two times, that I felt something was not in the Winner's Circle.  I hope that v2.5 and onward, is.  I fully support LM in this endeavor, and am enjoying (as you see above) the fruits of their labor....  P3d v2.3 ROCKS! I bet that will be the case for v2.5----------------------------v3.0!!!     By the way, your animated giff...is a killer!  :P

To be honest, LM must have fixed a lot of bugs that didn't affect me one way or the other in 2.3. P3d 2.4 looks and feels exactly the same. Just stick with the previous ASN beta which works fine in 2.3. Software developers are perfectionists. They often fix bugs that aren't obvious to the casual observer. I've always wondered why people (myself included) constantly upgrade to the newest and "best" version of anything. I guess it's an example of getting something for free.

Someone remove the exclamation marks from Squash's keyboard :lol:  I think he will otherwise explode when 2.5 comes out!

To be honest, LM must have fixed a lot of bugs that didn't affect me one way or the other in 2.3. P3d 2.4 looks and feels exactly the same. Just stick with the previous ASN beta which works fine in 2.3. Software developers are perfectionists. They often fix bugs that aren't obvious to the casual observer. I've always wondered why people (myself included) constantly upgrade to the newest and "best" version of anything. I guess it's an example of getting something for free.

Hi Jab,...yes, I tracked down in my cavern of downloads, the latest SP1 Beta, that will still work for v2.3 .   ASN is now working fine, and I had m eyeballs falling out onto the desktop last night, so I only need to reload (got to find those keys!  LOL) some P3D-ready Carenado planes.  My C337 is still not loaded, and my hands are shaking...and not from any coffee....I need to go out once more into those v2.3 clouds...but inside my sled-of-choice.  Ah..Sim Life is good, once more....-------------------------------------------------------------------zoom--------------------------------------------lift off!

Purdy  :)  shots Mitch

Thanks Rich, the saddle feels good, again,,,,lol.

Nice pics!

Glad you enjoyed them... :)