Sign in to follow this  
Dragonmount

Do any of you not use FSUIPC and windows 8?

I've been told in another thread that PMDG doesn't reccomend using FSUIPC with their products, but what am I to do since it is the only way I can use my joystick with FSX? It's impossible to fly with a keyboard and mouse, and I've run into a control issue when using the 773 and FSUIPC, so, what are my options? Just give up?

Patrick Boynton

Who told you it was not recommended? That's just nonsense, FSUIPC is a great tool and it doesn't affect PMDG planes in any way. I personnaly couldn't fly without it, I have all my controls set in FSUIPC...

My controls with FSUIPC wouldn't work correctly it seems to have trouble scanning the axies for example. It had an unfortunate problem where the spoilers would go up when I tried to turn the rudder. The engines would also open up, I'm assuming that it was reverse thrust.

Patrick Boynton

Who told you it was not recommended? That's just nonsense, FSUIPC is a great tool and it doesn't affect PMDG planes in any way. I personnaly couldn't fly without it, I have all my controls set in FSUIPC...

PMDG has been pretty clear with regards to not recommend the use of FSUIPC.

The last big discussions was after the release of the T7, when lots of people had issues with A/T. I was one of them, and I could never get the T7 A/T to work properly with my Saitek TQ, not before I used FSUIPC to map the throttle axis, that is.

Currently I run 100% FSUIPC on all my PMDG aircraft, A2A 172, PA28, CS L1011 and FSL Conc-X, all mappings are deleted from FSX, it works perfectly with all aircraft. And switching from one aircraft to another is a no-issue, no need to touch the mappings.

Cheers,

23.png

My controls with FSUIPC wouldn't work correctly it seems to have trouble scanning the axies for example. It had an unfortunate problem where the spoilers would go up when I tried to turn the rudder. The engines would also open up, I'm assuming that it was reverse thrust.

Patrick Boynton

Haha I had these issues.i then figured that I had wrong mappings in fsuipc.please do check your axis mappings as well as the joystick calibration tab in fsuipc.please disable your controllers in fsx as well.sometimes I would forget to rescan the axis and would end up overriding the previous axis with the new mapping

I also have controls disabled in FSX and use FSUIPC exclusively.  OS is Windows 8.1 Pro.  Everything seems to work perfectly...no issues with control surfaces, autothrottle, or autopilot.

Robert Deichert

Is there a way to permanantly disable the controls? Every time I start it seems I have to re disable them...

Patrick Boynton

Is there a way to permanantly disable the controls? Every time I start it seems I have to re disable them...

Patrick Boynton

Did you install in the default directory? Windows wont let programs change files in the 'program files' directory unless you are running as admin. The effect is that your changes are not saved form one session to the next.