Sign in to follow this  
Guest wildfire563

Changing Season Change Date?

Guest wildfire563

Is there any way to change the date the seasons change on? I live around Nashua, and the snow is basically gone now, but MSFS still has us knee deep in the stuff. Also, the date the leaves change was way off. What files and variables control this stuff?Thanks,Thomas Perry

...according to MSFS, spring occurs on April 18th; on my install anyway...

Guest GCBarni

These features are built-in. Latitude will dictate when the changes take effect; thus, you may have snow while other more southerly places are spring-like. By advancing the date in FS, you can determine when spring actually occurs in your location. Since Nashua is on a similar line as my locale of Windsor, Ont., the 18th is probably when you'll see the end of snow.....and the trees will magically appear in their spring greenery!

Guest JimC1702

I've been wondering the same thing. Here in upstate NY it's in the 60's and not a trace of snow but the ground is still white in FS9. C'mon spring!Jim

Howdy,you can't change the dates of when seasons start but which seasonal textures you see on the ground is actually determined on a month-to-month basis and that default file can be overwritten with a local replacement. I don't know of anyone who actually published such an replacement file but in this thread gives the background and links to the necessary docs: http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?...=holger+seasons...more than you ever wanted to know about the inner workings of FS, I bet ;-)Cheers, Holger

Guest christian

I've created and released one for New Zealand quite a while ago (FS2002), and it was well worth the effort. It's not easy to create one though. Follow Holger's link or search for my mesh tutorial here in the file library (search for Christian Stock) if you want to give it a shot.Cheers, Christian

Guest wildfire563

Why can't you change season dates? It seems that that is the functionality I am looking for(?).Thomas

Rather than tearing apart your sim, just bump the date up a few days before you takeoff :)I agree it is annoying though. I live in Buffalo, and even our snow is melted (although only recently). I made a few flights down the east coast today and still the north was covered in snow despite the beautiful weather.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF