Sign in to follow this  
stephenbgs

Real World ATC question

Every night going to bed i put my headphones in and listen to LiveATC on my ipad.Its a great way to fall asleep ^_^ 

When i listen to feeds from US airports like JFK or BOS i often hear aircraft told to follow "the company 737" or "767"  and so on. What is ment by the term "company"?

If i am a JetBlue pilot and told to follow " the company a320 ahead " am i just looking out for a JetBlue a320 on the same taxi way?  

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10

That's exactly what it means.

The term "company" refers to the same airline, or even livery, as the airplane receiving the instruction.

Do, if you here, "Delta 1521, follow Company Traffic along November."  that means there is in fact another Delta aircraft passing by that the ATC wants Delta 1521 to fall in behind and follow.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Thanks guys. I was pretty sure that was the case but its nice to be 100% sure

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10

Now you can fall asleep more quickly with that question answered.

What a neat idea! Pity we can't listen in to UK ATC, but US ATC will certainly prove educational and entertaining!

Hi guys.

I have an ipad, fall asleep every night, but live in Brazil. Any help on how to keep track on USA ATC?

Tks

Luiz Antonio

Hi guys.

I have an ipad, fall asleep every night, but live in Brazil. Any help on how to keep track on USA ATC?

Tks

Luiz Antonio

Download LiveATC.net from the App Store you may need to use the iphone version but still works fine.

Stephen

And reading into it a bit more if they are in the air...now that you see him,  it's assumed you will maintain visual separation from company traffic (less burden on the controller to maintain radar separation).  Read: as a controller I can now squeeze in more air traffic into my airspace, thank you very much.

10700k / Gigabyte 3060