Sign in to follow this  
davjg

New X-Plane Member

Hi David,

that is indeed very odd and certainly not what should happen or what happens for me. Check your mouse batteries maybe?

Ok

My click issue, I realized when I use my wireless mouse, I normally  press the left click and not the right click. I am left handed, I only solved half the problem, the right click was smooth. Oh well, this is a pain, anyway thanks.

I told you... Don't give up :-)

You'll find a nice flight simulator in X-Plane 10, but you'll have to keep trying, insisting...

I'm still trying, and got it 2 yrs ago... It has it's lows, and it's highs... Just like the atmosphere around us :-)

Scenery is IMO one of it's strongest points for, at the same time it looks naked in it's default presentation, this is probably the civil flightsim with the most wonderful freeware available add-ons for superb scenery, with a very active community and great contributors like Tony ( our forum moderator here at AVSIM ), Andras Fabian ( the talent behind HD Mesh Sceneries ), "Pilot Balu" from SimHeaven.com, uwespeed the man behind the Scenes in Madeira scenery etc.., and many many others...

Aircraft add-ons of high quality are available, and even PMDG will join us sooner or latter.

Well, don't give up... I've given up many times but always return after a while, and that's only because there is always something good ( sometimes very good ) in X-Plane that you can't find in other civil flight simulators :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

OP, I understand your frustration with XPX but then there are other frustrations with FSX so in the end we may use both and enjoy the positives from each. XPX has come a long way, with simhevan scenery and world2xplane OSM added to your XPX, together with the Realtrerahaze for better atmosphere rendering, add a Flightfactor or JARdesign aircraft and it is a strong simulator.

Where XPX really shines is actually at night.. The lighting is absolutely incredible and with some freeware airports its a terrific immerse experience.

Davjg,

I sympathize with your frustrations with XP. As a real world pilot with over 13,000 hours, I keep going back to FSX/P3D for the flight dynamics/stability. I find XP too unstable. When PMDG comes out with their product, I'll have another go with XP.

Pete

>13,000 total time real world

(Flown C-152, C-172, C-210, M20J, PA-28, PA-23, BEO2, B737)

Pete just go to Joystick and Equipment/Nullzone and adjust the stability augmentation until it's right. You better than any of us should be able to find that sweet spot. I'd be interested to see where you thought the perfect point to be just to compare with my own settings.

User72,

I've tweaked those settings over and over to no avail. Unfortunately, when it comes to flight dynamics, I think XP is too complex as it "builds" the airplane mathematically from airfoil up where FSX/P3D uses tables, I believe, to mimic the airplane.

Also, in another post I made, the airspeed indicator is too sensitive where it behaves erratically with relation to wind speed fluctuations causing erratic behavior in the flight model.

I'll play with the stability augmentation more and see if I can come up with better stability and let you know.

You might go into weather, under environment, I think, and set all wind speeds to 0 - fly until you feel comfortable and then build them back as you see fit.

This will give you a little time to become familiar with your controller sensitivities without those variables.

John

John Wingold

Hi Everyone

Thanks for all the information, but actually I uninstalled from steam. It simply wasnt a good marriage. I switched over to P3D, and all I can say I am glad I did. Xplane by no mean is a bad platform, it just didnt click for me whatsoever. 

David

David, it takes a long time. + 1 year for me. But Prepared is a good sim too so good luck and many happy flights.