Sign in to follow this  
Shousa

Service Pack out

I've never lost the airspeed at cold temps, I've been at -23ºC and the airspeed is there, you guys did something wrong...

You press one (Probes) button on the overhead as part of the taxi checklist, then turn it off after landing...... what exactly do you suggest is possible to get wrong with that?!   <_<

...bit arrogant to just dismiss the work that people have been doing to bugfix this plane for Carenado, no?

If you look at the [Electrical] system as it was, it was feeding 2volts to the Pitot/Probe system instead of the recommended 5volts for typical units fitted to this size plane.   The environmental circumstances in which the Pitot "couldn't keep up" were not just down to outside temperature but to overal weather conditions.   Indeed if you don't use an external weather engine, I can wholly believe your Probe never failed.     The fact is, the Pitot Probe system was broken ...... it was fixed by 2 difference community mods, from two different people who identified the problem.  But Carenado's SP1 does not fix it.        Or, "perhaps we're doing something wrong" ........  :blink: 

Isn't the probe heat button the pitot heat switch?  Probe heat is on the OH panel.

Yes of course.  The probe heat is using the default FSX Pitot Heat functionality..... at the wrong ampage (see above).   Again, it's not the case that we "just couldn't find the swtich".   :P  :lol: 

I never lost airspeed and it was coooold over north America this past week.......... I have been using both the engine and ap mods, maybe they fixed the electrical system.

The electrical fix does fix the Pitot/Probe system :wink:   ...but Carenado's SP1 alone, has not fixed the Pitot problem.

Well in my case, I never had experienced a lost on the airspeed at cold temps, activated or not the pitot...I did both tests, probes ON and probes OFF and there's no difference, I can even assume, it has no effect...quite strange, but that's what I saw...

But I'll check again, on my next flight!

Just one or two people lost airspeed indicator, I didn't and I use real weather and it doesn't failed...I even didn't reported back to them, because I didn't lost it...

Btw, something to add, FSX doesn't simulate correctly the use of anti-ice and pitot heat (and that has been known, from years ago) I mean, if you press the anti-ice command on the keyboard or if you have it associated with your yoke or joystick or Saitek Panel, it activates the Inertial Separator, and that doesn't happen on the real thing, Anti-Ice is one thing and Inertial Separator is another one activated separately, also and because of that, FSX reduces the power of the engine when anti-ice is activated, because is associated to the Inertial Separator, at least, that happens with turboprops in FSX...and that's not how the real thing operates...I've never seen a turboprop loosing power when the Inertial Separator or the Anti-Ice is activated

For the pitot heat, is just a button to press with no action reflected, just a volts increase or decrease, done by Carenado programming, not because of FSX real aircraft behavior...as it should happen

So, after all that, I can re-confirm what have been said from years ago, FSX doesn't simulate correctly anti-ice system and pitot heat

Well in my case, I never had experienced a lost on the airspeed at cold temps,

Do your test at 35 degrees F or 2 C in rain and let us know what happens.  I'm curious.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Do your test at 35 degrees F or 2 C in rain and let us know what happens.  I'm curious.

Well not in rain that cold, but I've been at cruise at -29C, that's the max I've been at Europe, and nothing happened I still got the airspeed working (pitot heat and anti-ice on)

Are Bert's and Atlanticflyer's fixes included in this pack, does anyone know ?

cheers

I've now had a first chance to look at the service pack, and they did pick up a number of my fixes..

Once I've had a chance to test the airplane, I'll know whether this all works together.

For now, I would suggest that you keep a backup copy of the original when you apply the SP.

Bert

OK - first test... mostly good!  This is with SP1 installed, and my fixes removed.

- Altitude preselector works nicely with 100s on the inner knob, and 1000s on the left outer rim  :P

.. and activates in FD and AP mode.

- Standby altimeter, fixed

- Transponder, fixed

- Autopilot, looks OK.. may need some more testing..

Not fixed, but something I can put together

- Popup KAS 297 needs to have the clickspots adjusted, so that it matches the VC version

- ADF clickspots not fixed

- EHSI does not indicate correctly when used with RXP GNS

Bert

Well not in rain that cold, but I've been at cruise at -29C, that's the max I've been at Europe, and nothing happened I still got the airspeed working (pitot heat and anti-ice on)

I think you need to be in moisture.  Air can be pretty dry at -29C (which is why airplanes fly over this stuff).  Right around 0 degrees C and precip should give you the conditions you need.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I think you need to be in moisture.  Air can be pretty dry at -29C (which is why airplanes fly over this stuff).  Right around 0 degrees C and precip should give you the conditions you need.

Ok, I'll try and see...

Great news is, Bert has developed a "v2.0" of his mods and I've just tested them on the PC-12 with SP1 and all are now working great.  :smile:

So yes, no need to stay on the RTM version now.    Not that SP1 fixes much but it is certainly better to be on current version, now that we can enjoy Bert's realistic autopilot mods for the aircraft.

The engine performance mods have not been included. The fix for the fuel gauge has been included.

I just looked at your signature and looked up the flight1 king air.....I am blown away! Bought it!

Back on topic - thanks to Bert for V2 of the mods! Should we PM again?

Back on topic - thanks to Bert for V2 of the mods! Should we PM again?

I'll try to send it to whoever requested it earlier..

Bert

I have Bert's V2 mods (thanks Bert)

can I install AtlanticFlyers original engine/gauge mods over SP1 ?

cheers

can I install AtlanticFlyers original engine/gauge mods over SP1

Yes, the gauge and engine mod is compatible with SP1.

Nick Preston

Great! PM sent to Bert

Jean-Jacques

Jean-Jacques Struyf

between EBBR and EBCI