Sign in to follow this  
Fi5kuS

PMDG for P3D - When?

I love Prepar3D. I tried version 2.4 and its fantastic. Unfortunately, I love the 737NGX even more so I'm stuck with FSX. Yesterday I made another attempt at using the NGX in Prepar3D. You would be baffled how easily it can be done. Nevertheless, with HDR lighting and all sorts of fancy in game graphical techniques, the NGX looks rather horrible and over-bloomy at night/dusk/dawn. In addition, FS2crew won't work by a long shot. 

It has come to a point where my frustration has taken over me. I so badly want to utilize the terrific simulator that is Prepar3D, but the lack of support for PMDGs aircrafts is just sad. Yes, I've heard rumors about the NGX, and the 777 for that matter, is currently being developed for Prepar3D. However, PMDG themselves are so quiet that it has led me to believe that we'll never get to experience the highest rated aircraft on the best simulator. I've heard people getting skeptical to buying the NGX all over again, but lets face it - everyone one will! If they manage to optimize it for Prepar3D, then I se NO reason whatsoever for sticking with FSX. Yes, the DX10 fixer offer some great advantages (currently using it myself, of course), but it will never reach the quality of Prepar3D. Maybe PMDG isn't so aware of the number of people that craves their aircraft in other simulators, but they should be thoroughly notified in my opinion!! 

Sorry if this seems like a crybaby-post, but I know a lot of people are thinking what I'm thinking.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Check the PMDG General forum for the sticky that explains Prepar3D development. You have 3-6 months to wait (estimated) for the 777. Longer for the NGX. I feel your pain but at least we know its coming. Hey, they may even use it as an excuse to update the NGX!

Rich

Rob Bates
Simming since the age of 10 with MSFS 5.0

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

Ask me about (my most flown): FSLabs A320-X series | MaddogX
In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire

They've made it very clear that they will produce P3D versions of their recent products, but they take their time to do things properly. As you suggest, it's not simply a matter of updating an installer. Why not use FSX for PMDG, but P3D for everything else?

Well, I think they made a Facebook post in december 2013, and that thread is almost half a year old now. No updates after that.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

I thought products made for FSX are already compatible with P3D (from technical standpoint).

From what I read on their forum most of us won't be able to afford PMDG versions for P3D. I hope I misunderstood what they are saying there.

The P3D thread in the PMDG General Forum was updated on September 12th. I may be wrong, but I'd hardly call that half a year.

The P3D thread in the PMDG General Forum was updated on September 12th. I may be wrong, but I'd hardly call that half a year.

Yes the thread itself, but not by any PMDG representatives (I think. Forum is down so can't check again. Shoot me if I'm wrong though)

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

When I say "updated", I don't mean the last user posted in it at that time.

I mean the thread has been last updated by RSR himself, the CEO of PMDG.

Check the thread again ;-)

Is that 3-6 months real time or PMDG time?

ZORAN

About your comment with the gauges and over bloomy conditions. Even with tweaks I find this to be the case in bloom and HDR conditions. I think there some new bloom tweaks out there I need to try. Glass gauges are horrendous in p3d... Can't stand that stupid fake bloom junk.

If someone knows how to kill bloom (but keep most of the HDR) let me know

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Is that 3-6 months real time or PMDG time?

Word.

About your comment with the gauges and over bloomy conditions. Even with tweaks I find this to be the case in bloom and HDR conditions. I think there some new bloom tweaks out there I need to try. Glass gauges are horrendous in p3d... Can't stand that stupid fake bloom junk.

If someone knows how to kill bloom (but keep most of the HDR) let me know

Well I tried some tweaks without luck. Its a shame really cause the NGX looks terrific in P3D in daylight with HDR enabled. 

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

In addition, FS2crew won't work by a long shot. 

Why don't you have a look at the free Multi Crew Experience demo.  It works with both P3D's, FX and FS9. It works with all aircraft and ATC etc and is far more flexible than the other product.  For example you can add your own flows, checklists and recorded sounds by using scripts.  Simple as.  BTW i am just a satisfied user.

Word.

Well I tried some tweaks without luck. Its a shame really cause the NGX looks terrific in P3D in daylight with HDR enabled. 

Was it this?  These definitely help... you can change the blur line and I think it will take most of it out... for starters try what he has

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/452260-bloom-adjustments/

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |