Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

I'm populating the P3D seas.....with MyCaptain...

Funny, how you might have what you want....and for the longest time...right under your nose!

The rest of the story;

....well..I had always thought, how nice it would be to have the same quality of sea traffic for A.I. that we have had for the longest time in aircraft.  I was fooling around today, while I was building back up my P3D install, and got to be reading about the MyCaptain.exe that is bundled in with MyTraffic 5.4c    So...what does this program do, you might ask?

...well, it will populate the seas near, or around you with some of the most stunning, and detailed ship models (from motorboat, to sail, to yacht, to ocean-bound ships)...and you can set the radius from your tracked position in your plane...for how many miles around you...any type of ship or boat will be.

So...I tried it...and WOW.....truly did the seas become alive with boats of all kinds....  There are real sea-routes near the Bay of Naples...that the cargo and passenger ships will actually follow...

I'll capture the action tomorrow, and post a few pics in the Screenshot Forum...and wait until you see how the world by a lake, or sea...comes alive!!!  You can populate the waterways in either P3D, as well as FSX.

To think that I had this for over two months...and didn't even know about it.......but,... I do now...and no longer in ORBX's PNW...will those beautiful island channels, have only water in them...LOL!

Very inetesting...more water traffic is just what I've been hankering for! How is the performance Mitch?

I don't have MyTraffic, so can this be purchased / downloaded seperately?

Interesting indeed !! I have RTMM shipping Project installed for the PNW and Alaska. Will this interfere with the shipping and cruise ships for that package ?

http://www.return.mistymoorings.com/shipping/index.php

I don't believe so....as it runs totally independent. The only thing that might happen, is that being the logic of the ships runs independent of these two programs, they might run into each other, or pass right though..but not a bid deal...if you forgive them.  If you only run MyCaptain...the logic track each ship created (I had over 130 ships and boats of different kinds..plying the sea and lakes...(the Great Lakes looked AWESOME! ...and now real... so try them both, or just one or the other..."Aye-Aye, Skipper!"..... 

Captain Mitch  (love those bars on my shoulders......and gold ones at that!)

Very inetesting...more water traffic is just what I've been hankering for! How is the performance Mitch?

I don't have MyTraffic, so can this be purchased / downloaded seperately?

Not one hit of FPS Dylan..and my jaw dropped....I am SO P/O'ff with myself...for having had this...and NOT fully reading the entire MyTraffic manual.  That was a most stupid move, in hindsight and has taught me the Manual Rule....READ IT....to the very last page...lol.  I'm going to now see if those ships get captured in a screen grab ...and will post them. If  you don't see a post in the Screen Shot Forum, in the next half hour...then that will mean that while you can see them in P3D...you can not capture them in a grab...but I hope that you can...'cause your eyes are gonna bug out...!  Your quiestion of can this be purchased as a seperate program...no...the answer is no...but there is so much more in that package...live-time software to place planes of any sort right into your airport...at any location...and to assign your own custom flight plan. For the money asked for...MyTraffic 5.4c is killer!  I was just dumb,not to read past setting up A.I. flights...and I paid for it, by empty seas, lakes, rivers....what a dutz!   That has been corrected, LOLOLOLOLOL----------------------------------------"Have you ever been to sea, Billy?  Arrrggh...."

Signed, One H*ll of a Happy Sea Faring Camper....   Ah...Life is good, once more in P3D Land.... er,,,FSX, too!  :lol:

Interesting that really didn't seem to take off since it has been around since 2012, probably due to being bundled with MyTraffic.

Can you define paths and add your own ship traffic Mitch?

here is the forum BTW

http://forum.simflight.com/forum/153-mycaptain/

Yes...you can pretty much 'control the ships and seas'...

Sorry to all for the ScreenShot delays...I saw that ORBX GLobal 1.30 was out in the wild...so downloaded and just finished installing in both P3D and FSX. I am about to reboot the system, defrag at the system level (takes for me, about 10 minutes) and then will take a flight in P3D, and will enable MyCaptain ships and such. I'll then try to grab some good screenies around the Bay of Naples, Italy, and will post shots as I go...  I hope they are visible, as I can't figure they would not be...you see aircraft A.I. in screen grabs...so...let me reboot...defragg, and I'll post as soon as I have something for you all to see...

Cheers!

Captain Ahab

OK...defrag'ed...at the Desktop, and will now set up a P3D v2.3 flight..near the Bay of Naples, Italy..(good port and bay there...nice island...) and let the ships rip....will soon post to the Screenshot Forum under P3P-High Seas thread...

See ya...there.

Your quiestion of can this be purchased as a seperate program...no...the answer is no...but there is so much more in that package...live-time software to place planes of any sort right into your airport...at any location...and to assign your own custom flight plan. For the money asked for...MyTraffic 5.4c is killer!

Thanks Mitch (aka Capt. Pugwash lol!). I've actually been thinking of jumping over from WoAI to a supported / commercial product for some time. 

Looking at the latest Mytraffic screenshots, the models definitely look much improved since I last was shopping around a few years ago. How is the performance of the AI aircraft? I run AI traffic @ about 20-25% currently.

(sorry all for the threadjack, but it seems if I want my yachts, I'll need planes to go with them...)     

Thanks Mitch (aka Capt. Pugwash lol!). I've actually been thinking of jumping over from WoAI to a supported / commercial product for some time. 

Looking at the latest Mytraffic screenshots, the models definitely look much improved since I last was shopping around a few years ago. How is the performance of the AI aircraft? I run AI traffic @ about 20-25% currently.

(sorry all for the threadjack, but it seems if I want my yachts, I'll need planes to go with them...)     

No problem..and no thread jack...still the same product...and oh...we are now live with 10 shots...in the Screenshot Forum   Ships Ahoy!  Some ships start in port...or by the coast..and then move on out just as your plane A.I. would...on their own...take their own course, unless you direct them...and on and on. This will be a standard for as long as I fly over P3D and FSX!  Happy boating, everyone!   Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw-------------------"Sail away....I'm (singing...) sailing awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!"  

Post edit.  As you know...only if the weather and wave conditions are right...where boats will show a wake in P3D.  They did..for my flight last night..all of them had them, with the ASN weather of Naples....  Today...not...but they do show..and the ships have a very pronounced one...beautiful to see...

I have MyTraffic 2013 but uninstalled it a while back and stuck with Orbx traffic.

Does My Traffic 2013 have this same option? Was it a bundle deal? I am def interested.

I have MyTraffic 2013 but uninstalled it a while back and stuck with Orbx traffic.

Does My Traffic 2013 have this same option? Was it a bundle deal? I am def interested.

I don't know that...sorry..but just wanted to say that in my posted pictures...I didn't actually realize that I did not have simobjects to be reflected in the water...and so no hull does...I just turned in on...in fact...turned everything on in water..and boy...does the immersion of marine traffic pick right up....

Folks..I just read that the package as delivered only works around the area of Naples, Italy..and towards the Suez Canal. I just tried it in Michigan, and no traffic spawned. i guess that you have to build that traffic yourself, with the other two applications.  Just wanted you all to know. I thought it would spawn anywhere, but i guess you have to set up the harbor data, or import it into the software...and I will try that later for Michigan.  The Italy location is to get you started and to see how it looks/works.

Captain Crunch

Thanks for the update! :o   The credit card was out of the holster...! :huh:

Folks..I just read that the package as delivered only works around the area of Naples, Italy..and towards the Suez Canal. I just tried it in Michigan, and no traffic spawned. i guess that you have to build that traffic yourself, with the other two applications.  Just wanted you all to know. I thought it would spawn anywhere, but i guess you have to set up the harbor data, or import it into the software...and I will try that later for Michigan.  The Italy location is to get you started and to see how it looks/works.

Captain Crunch

I tried playing around with the MyCaptain program, and found it a bit confusing at first to set up my own routes. I did catch on, but the program kept crashing, and I ended up giving up on it .

I found Henrik Neilsen's ai boat programs in the AVSIM Library. He has an ongoing freeware project to populate the worlds oceans, and it is really good!

Bill

I found Henrik Neilsen's ai boat programs in the AVSIM Library. He has an ongoing freeware project to populate the worlds oceans, and it is really good!

----------------------------------------------------------

Right on, Bill!   No matter how we get there...populating the water bodies of either P3D or FSX, is a no-brainer, now that I have had some experience with it.  I'd just say that if somebody new to the hobby, does not yet have a commercial Plane A.I. program....it would be a good buy for MyTraffic 5.4c...as you do get all this extra bundle with it, included. The program rocks for planes...and now I have discovered a side-perk...and the pictures are in the ScreenShot Forum for both P3D and just now...FSX.

Cheers!

Mitch