Sign in to follow this  
JoeBa

EGT Exceedance On Start

Hello

Are there any failures that can occur on engine start?

The "EGT Exceedance ENG" failures only steadily increase EGT after engine start.

And "Engine Flame-out" causes a slight rise in EGT, some smoke, and then clears itself.

So my question is this, is there any failure that would cause the engine start to be aborted?

Thanks

Both of the failures you cite would call for an abort. RW, there are plenty of reasons to abort.

Matt Cee

Both of the failures you cite would call for an abort. RW, there are plenty of reasons to abort.

Thank you for your reply, But maybe I wasn't being clear enough, I meant a failure that would cause you to abort during the starting procedure, not after the engine has been on for a about a minute, the starter switch has clicked back to off, and the red EGT Exceedance marker on the EICAS has disappeared.

Only then do you start seeing the effect of the "EGT Exceedance" faliure, which basically calls for shutting down the engine by this point, not aborting the start.

A slight semantics difference, maybe I should have been more clear.

Thanks

No increase in egt within 10 seconds on placing start lever to idle detent, no increase in n1, very slow rising n1, no oil pressure after stabilized engine are some just to name a few

No increase in egt within 10 seconds on placing start lever to idle detent, no increase in n1, very slow rising n1, no oil pressure after stabilized engine are some just to name a few

I am not referring to real world procedures, I am asking if any of these are actually simulated ON ENGINE START in the NGX.

If you set "EGT Exceedance" failure the engine will start normally, EGT rises, then stabilizes normally, only then will the EGT start rising slowly.