Sign in to follow this  
briansommers

thinking of moving over to P3d

I'm hopefully going to be getting a new rig next month.

8 GB ram,

GTX970 4GB

i7-4790K  - I hope to o/c to 4.8

anyways.. would that be enough to run it well?

Those in cockpit shadows look so crazy awesome, but I have to say I'm quite skeptical about the whole thing. 

that kind of rig would run FSX well. so I might just stick with that. two of my fav. addons - esdok camera and fspassengers, I just love. so... hard to give those up.

Ciao!

Sound to me like this is gonna do the job. I'm running on i7-4770k, with 8GB @ 1800Mhz and GTX770 4GB. I got my settings pretty high and use 2 monitors with VC views (1 zoomed in on panel view) and still can keep up 30FPS most of the time.

And since v2.3 with the 344.11 driver, smooth as silk!

Cheers!

Maarten

Those in cockpit shadows look so crazy awesome, but I have to say I'm quite skeptical about the whole thing. 

You will read 100 posts, 100 reviews and articles and still have doubts... until you see it by yourself.

I know this, because I was in the same situation and it was tough decision to take a leap.

You can purchase P3D and ask for refund if you didn't like it. OR buy developers version for one month.

Some people love it as it is now.

Some people still find some stutters and don't like it.

Some people complain you can't turn off tessellation without error and don't like it.

etc...

You need to see by yourself if it fits your expectations.

Cheers

Lukasz Kulasek

i7-8700k, RTX 2080 TI, 32 GB RAM, ASUS TUF Z370-PRO Gaming, Oculus Rift CV1

They are truly huge...  Not only for immersion, but also situational awareness.

It's kind of hard to justify not trying something that comes with a 60-day no-questions-asked money-back-guarantee.  :)

I would highly recommend it:-)

I use both p3d and fsx and p3d absolutely blows fsx away in terms of immersion, situational awareness, smoothness, and stability. Also, if you are getting that sweet 970, p3d will use it as it is built with dx11 which means that p3d balances resource usage better than dx9 which results in a cpu bound situation. Your 970 will be under utilized in fsx.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

yeah that is what I figured.. I'll just give a try.

Now the other thing is - will I be able to handle the 3d waves. that is something that I think will take float flying to a WHOLE NEW level!

Ciao!

8 GB ram,

GTX970 4GB

i7-4790K  - I hope to o/c to 4.8

anyways.. would that be enough to run it well?

That system will run P3D very well indeed. I upgraded to P3D when version 2.3 was released, and I have an i5 4690k/16GB Hyper X Fury DDR3-1600 RAM/2GB GTX 770 powered system. It runs very well on this PC at high detail levels.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

one other major concern. I love EZDok camera. does that work on p3d? I can't live without it.  Or does p3d use the old style of fsx for panning and camera views?

Ciao!

EZDok does work, there is a EZDok.exe for P3D. It's a beta, but it does work. Only thing is, you can just use the cockpit cameras, the outside cameras dont work and you'll have to use the default ones for that. Also, you'll have to add an xml entry and an aircraft camera entry manually, but that's done fast enough.

Cheers!

Maarten

An alternate to Ezdok is Opus Live Camera, and that is P3D compatible. I does come as part of the Opus weather package though, but you can run just the camera.

EZDok does work, there is a EZDok.exe for P3D. It's a beta, but it does work. Only thing is, you can just use the cockpit cameras, the outside cameras dont work and you'll have to use the default ones for that. Also, you'll have to add an xml entry and an aircraft camera entry manually, but that's done fast enough.

I'm sorry, but that is just wrong. The outside cameras work perfectly too. You can even use the same settings you used in fsx, is all the same. I just transferred my camera files from fsx and had my definitions "out of the box", so to speak.

I sit inside the cockpit for all my flying.

I just want to be able to use the pan with middle mouse button and be able to set up camera and assign them to my joystick and keyboard; which it sounds like I can easily enough.

Good news.

Ciao!

don't underestimate the importance of Memory Timing.

I use 2400mhz CL9 ram to great effect!

In the winter I can OC it to CL8:-)