Sign in to follow this  
Arwen

FTX Global 1.30 Released

I don't have P3D, but the release notification states " new bug fixes" for FSX and a fix for a P3D issue.  A number of folks have replied to the release posting in the ORBX forum and asked for details regarding the changes and bug fixes, but so far no response from ORBX.

I'll certainly download this huge thing soon, but I wonder if it's even really necessary or worth it?

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

It appears to look better - hard to explain - seems more detailed performance same - so its good - not played enough but at first glance seems to look better and maybe a tad better detail wise

Rich Sennett

whats the changes on this new version? THERES NO INFORMATION??

From my opening post: "This installer contains all the fixes from 1.10 & 1.20, some new bug fixes as well as resolving the issue with not overwriting default textures in P3Dv2."

The main issue, which has now apparently been fixed, was the that some of the FTX textures never overwrote P3D2's default textures. I've already noticed the texture improvements, flying around in my home area.

The reason that this update is so large is that it is a complete install of FTX Global Base (so that you no longer need the old 1.10 and 1.20 updates)

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

been waiting on vector which is taking forever

That and OpenLC North America which was originally scheduled for Q1 2014. Maybe that's Q1 2015 now :lol:

Chris Sunseri

Do NOT install this product over your Global 1.20..for if you do...and you have OpenLC Europe...it will jumble and destroy your installation.  Mine is damaged..and I just went onto the announement for this in the FSX forum..and others are reporting that in Europe, all the textures are jumbled..and OpenLC does NOT work anymore..

DO NOT INSTALL....

I am trying to re-install OpenLC Europe, and HOPE that it corrects itself...same for Vector.  Install at your own risk..and if you have already installed...go to Italy...Naples...and see what you have as you fly around...highways that run over suburbs...to nowhere...jumbled textures...beware!

This is Berlin, Germany, after even re-installing OpenLC Europe. What a mess...the whole ORBX Global installation is destroyed....

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/aJ0

Oh great. Just missed this message after install. Shall check Naples........

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

It has totally destroyed my ORBX files...look at this...this is Berlin, Germany...everything mixed and morphed. I am sooooo mad....

Do NOT install this product over your Global 1.20..for if you do...and you have OpenLC Europe...it will jumble and destroy your installation.  Mine is damaged..and I just went onto the announement for this in the FSX forum..and others are reporting that in Europe, all the textures are jumbled..and OpenLC does NOT work anymore..

DO NOT INSTALL....

I am trying to re-install OpenLC Europe, and HOPE that it corrects itself...same for Vector.  Install at your own risk..and if you have already installed...go to Italy...Naples...and see what you have as you fly around...highways that run over suburbs...to nowhere...jumbled textures...beware!

This is Berlin, Germany, after even re-installing OpenLC Europe. What a mess...the whole ORBX Global installation is destroyed....

Just checked have global and europe LC and everything worked out fine for me.  I flew around various locations in europe with no issue.

Could it be possible you did not follow the installer directions?  

Just checked have global and europe LC and everything worked out fine for me.  I flew around various locations in europe with no issue.

Nope..did it as normal...and others on the FSX forum..are reporting the same deal...  OpenLC Europe is broken...and tiles are mismatched. I'm going to try to save my installation..and revert back to Global 110 and then 120.  I hope that works...or hours of install have gone down the toilet...

Please post a pic of Berlin at about 1,200 feet and let 's compare mine to yours. That would be most helpful... Take a few around Berlin...

Well..everybody wish me luck...I'm going to try and go back to how great Global 1.20 looked.   If you look at the houses in the above pictures, it seems that Global 1.30 puts them on such a cluttered busy graphic..that looks like an industrial property...  Global 1.20, with OpenLC in Europe..was just beautiful...and I hope I can get it back....

------------------------------

Post Edit..RELIEF got back once more proper looking graphics...for around homes...look at this picture...you see  homes sitting on proper land...some with even pools...now compare that to the one above that had the new (ugly!) textures on which homes sit...looks like industrial land...and junk all around...if you have that...and like it..you are good to go..but..if you like the 1.20 version of homes...and the world...as in this picture below...you CAN get back to it...but only if you have kept both Global 1.10 and 1.20 zips. They are no longer on sites that sell Global.  No back-ups?  You are stuck with graphics of 1.30.  Oh...one more thing...Vector also does not work properly with 1.30, for shoulders were missing on highways in Europe...but came back, as soon as the Global graphics they were developed alongside...were on my system once more.  Beware...no back-ups..and you can never go back...you had better look at posted pictures of suburban, rural, farmland, industrial, trees, ....all of that, before you press the 1.30 apply button...just a suggestion.  So..look at both pictures...the first is after the 1.30 installation...and the second...is after a successful roll-back to Global 1.20. ....  

Just my opinion, but the new added tree of G1.30...well, they look like crap, compared to the ones in 1.20    You can almost see the branches in the prior 1.20 version..now look closely at the 1.30 version of Evergreen trees....pretty much sprite blobs of green and black, like paint blotches...yuck!

Global 1.30....homes and such:

Restored Global 1.20:

homes and such...

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/aJS

Which one do you say is more real-to-life?  Sometimes...the newer...is NOT the better.   Beware...

Post Edit 2:   Very interesting.....v1.30 fabulous...in use with FSX!    Nothing of the kind...to what you see in P3D v2.x   In fact...I would not hesitate to recommend, hand's down..that if you want to run Global 1.30 in FSX...(probably the graphics are truly designed to run in this platform only...truly...) that you have no fear it will look TEN TIMES better, and more true-to-life, then 1.20.   So there you have it...not a good translation for P3D..but wonderful for FSX!  I'm glad that I tried FSX out, before just rolling back.  Global v1.30 is truly a better product, visually...but only that I see that in running FSX with it....   Back to the FSX flight...

I'm having a hard time telling the differences in those screen shots. The trees look ok to me, but since the location in the 1.30 is not the same as the 1.20 comparison shot, so hard to say what I'm seeing in one is better than the other. The difference in the trees looks like it could down to lighting. They just seem darker in the 1.30 picture compared to the 1.20 one.

I do see things like the highway is overlapping homes in the 1.30 screenshot, but not sure if that is the same case for the same location in 1.20.

Do you have any comparison shots of 1.30 from the same angle that you look in the 1.20 one?

I'm having a hard time telling the differences in those screen shots. The trees look ok to me, but since the location in the 1.30 is not the same as the 1.20 comparison shot, so hard to say what I'm seeing in one is better than the other. The difference in the trees looks like it could down to lighting. They just seem darker in the 1.30 picture compared to the 1.20 one.

I do see things like the highway is overlapping homes in the 1.30 screenshot, but not sure if that is the same case for the same location in 1.20.

Do you have any comparison shots of 1.30 from the same angle that you look in the 1.20 one?

I will fly over the same area of Naples in v1.20 and post as close as to where I shot the grab when having 1.30 installed.  I can tell you though..that I am mighty impressed with v1.30 in its true home...and what it was originally designed for: FSX.  Very nice...so I see for myself that the product does advance the Global franchise from version 1.20 to version 1.30.  Yes...in FSX, it is very handsome...very nice transitions from suburban, to rural...from open farm, to forested areas.   Just too bad it does not work, for P3D.x  

Just to say further, that I flew over the area of the second shot while still in P3D 1.30...and frankly..it looked horrible.  Homes on red/pink/white/black blotches...frankly, it looked like a junk yard...NOT like what the same area looked back in 1.20...but again...only as I found out, when being used inside P3D.x...FSX?   It's a winner upgrade.

I don't have befores but I can tell you these new textures are definitely better than before - South of Boston is kind of boring not anymore - looks great to me

m7f2ag.jpg

Rich Sennett

Just to say further, that I flew over the area of the second shot while still in P3D 1.30...and frankly..it looked horrible.  Homes on red/pink/white/black blotches...frankly, it looked like a junk yard...NOT like what the same area looked back in 1.20...but again...only as I found out, when being used inside P3D.x...FSX?   It's a winner upgrade.

I have installed v1.30 to P3D yesterday and I didn't see any problems. My OpenLC works good, Vector seems to be OK as well (but that was a quick look).

In some other posts you wrote that you made some uncommon reinstallation of your P3D.

Could it that be, that this process destroyed something in your orbx installations?

Lukasz Kulasek

i7-8700k, RTX 2080 TI, 32 GB RAM, ASUS TUF Z370-PRO Gaming, Oculus Rift CV1