Sign in to follow this  
Arwen

FTX Global 1.30 Released

I haven't done a full install since v.2.0 and P3D is running just fine for me.

Ditto!

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Guys,

there is more information about patch now, including change log:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/85467-ftx-global-130-released/

There is also this:

Important note for those who have openLC installed.
Unfortunately the Global installer will put back the files that were in the 'Baltic mini-demo'. This is easily resolved by running the openLC EU East installer and this will resolve the texture issues in that region.
If you notice the OLC entries moving above any FTX region/Airport entries, please read here about how to use the Insert Scenery Library feature http://www.orbxsyste...openlc-entries/
Until we re-do FTX Central, this is how you can fix the issue of the openLC entries moving to the top.

Lukasz Kulasek

i7-8700k, RTX 2080 TI, 32 GB RAM, ASUS TUF Z370-PRO Gaming, Oculus Rift CV1

Complete reinstalls have always worked better for me. 

And for me but unfortunately FTX makes it extremely difficult to uninstall their products cleanly.

They need to offer proper uninstallers with all their products. Not "workarounds".

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

'Baltic mini-demo'

I don't think I've looked at that... but thanks for the HU. I will re-run EU East.

Patching should work just fine, and although I'm verging on anal about some things, I really don't have the time, or will, to do full reinstalled each time there is a change.. I think I would quit FS if I HAD to go through that every time.

I've patched from 2.1 and have no issues, and the same with major scenery revisions. In fact I can't imagine how my sim could be running better.

Orbx makes terrific products, but installations and "management" of the add-ons is crap. It is so annoying having to set the right region in FTX Central, manually uninstall a product, etc... Since I don't see any benefit from installing FTX Global 1.3 from that tiny changelist, I will just keep 1.2. Never change a running system...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

I will just keep 1.2. Never change a running system...

Wish I had kept 1.2 there's something not right with 1.3 and I installed it EXACTLY as instructed over my old installation. Scenery looks washed out and trees look like default FSX ones. Not happy.

Will try the scenery moving fix tonight. This has put me off buying anything else from FTX until they offer installers for their products.

FSUK.jpg

Hi Mitch,

Seems you are having a few issues with recent updates.

Did you also install the new Orbx libraries?

Did you check that the scenery library insertion point for Orbx products was still correct?

I think you have to have the OpenLC entries BELOW Addon Scenery, and the FTX Regions above Addon Scenery.

I've had no problems with the 1.30 Global update in P3D 2.4. I did have an issue a few weeks ago with my lclookup.bgl file but a replacement was provided when I raised the issue on the Orbx forums - it was my fault - I accidentally overwrote the original file!

Daz

Hi Daz...yes...I do all that. I have my insertion point as Addon Scenery. I saw that the files were at the top...and brought them down manually below the Addon Scenery insertion point before I started to fly around and observe the changes. I had the installer as it should be configured to install.  I install all the time...and have never had any problem caused by my actions before, and with any software series.  Novation...suggests in a thread post..., that I 'obviously'..don't know what I am doing. I have been 'doing this'...since 1984.  I won't even respond to such a rude post.  That I don't like v2.4 is a personal observation. I have a right to my view.  That I found what I saw (and oh...ORBX has now stated that their installer...DID overwrite files (it added back), that it should not have...and I visually caught that minutes after post v1.30 installation...) after the installation did not look good...and supplied pictures of before and after, again..is my right to do...and over the last few days, there have been certain people with the 'view' that THEIR view, 'experience' and oversight, is much more 'knowledgeable'...and that 'my' view...is pure as they have typed;  B.S.   I didn't need a post-released note to have PICKED UP, that post-install of v1.30, DID alter, for the good or bad...the visual acuity. For Christ's sake..that is what I do for a living....I am a visual artist, and must be able to pick out minute detail for a pre and post project run.  I won't say any more about that, and in fact...to the much relief of at least two people that have 'labeled' my differences of opinion on the result of a post install...as per their 'way of things'...as B.S....I have decided to just enjoy this hobby, and fly.  No matter how much my opinion is different from another's, is differed, or might not be swayed by another poster...not EVER...and there would be no time, that I would openly and forum-publicly; 'dress down'...and say insulting, inflammatory comment that is designed to 'dismiss' someone's opinion as worthless, or misleading.  I am no expert in this field of flight simulation. Neither were the two posters over the last three days, that one would think, they, by their personal outtake and hobby experience, does have the genre corralled and reined in...as though THEIR opinion was the baseline that all others should apply theirs by, and not merely post as a personal outtake.  I type on how I feel...as a personal opinion...and no more. Either for the good, with my natural enthusiasm, or for the negative, also with an inherent enthusiasm.  It is always a reader's choice in ANY MATTER, whether they subscribe to, and align themselves with the poster's forum opinion, or they do not.  That is the rule of intelligence.  There is...by class, and by civil behavior, NO ROOM, to belittle, or berate the opinion of another within a public forum.  I live by the taught rule of social civility, and will do so, until my last breath. I might not agree at any time with another's opinion, BUT..I will respect that it IS their opinion, right, wrong, or indifferent...and will not resort to  conduct that raises my status of mind, above theirs, publicly, or privately.  Sorry for the rant...but had to get something that was troubling me the last couple of days, off of my public chest.

Take care, Daz

Daz

Spacing your replies with paragraphs would help :)

I only managed to read the first few lines before my brain started hurting.

FSUK.jpg

I won't even respond to such a rude post.

Oh dear, get over it and yourself, my post was hardly rude, but it spoke to the facts... All that crazy wall of text, or the bits I could be bothered to read, can reflect straight back at you.

So you're a visual artist and that fact somehow gives you the arrogant right to think your opinion is above that of others... Well, I do the same thing for a living, but that is of no relevance what so ever. You don't need to be an artist to see things one way or the other.

The simple fact is, you are wrong, both about P3D and FTXG.

I am done with this nonsense, and apologise to Arwen, Avsim and its mods for helping to lead this thread off the rails... I just don't want rubbish being put out as fact.

Daz

Spacing your replies with paragraphs would help :)

I only managed to read the first few lines before my brain started hurting.

That was Mitch's post, actually. He didn't sign his post with his own name but greeted Daz. ^_^

I type on how I feel...as a personal opinion...and no more.

Well, now, sorry, but you didn't, at least not in this case. If it was your opinion, you would say something like "I personally have problems with P3D 2.4, I wonder if someone else has this too?" or "something went wrong on my PC with FTX Global 1.3, anyone here who can help me to solve my problems?". But instead you posted (shouted out loud in bold) that P3D 2.4 as well as FTXG 1.3 should NOT be installed!!! "It will jumble and destroy your installation". You stated that as FACTS. Not an opinion. You warned people to stay clear of it all without regard of other (positive) reports and you rejected any other opinion. So don't say you just posted your personal opinion. That's too easy.

The next time you post something, think it through a little and don't let your enthusiasm (positive or negative) blind you.

Hi Daz...yes...I do all that. I have my insertion point as Addon Scenery. I saw that the files were at the top...and brought them down manually below the Addon Scenery insertion point before I started to fly around and observe the changes. I had the installer as it should be configured to install.  I install all the time...and have never had any problem caused by my actions before, and with any software series.  Novation...suggests in a thread post..., that I 'obviously'..don't know what I am doing. I have been 'doing this'...since 1984.  I won't even respond to such a rude post.  That I don't like v2.4 is a personal observation. I have a right to my view.  That I found what I saw (and oh...ORBX has now stated that their installer...DID overwrite files (it added back), that it should not have...and I visually caught that minutes after post v1.30 installation...) after the installation did not look good...and supplied pictures of before and after, again..is my right to do...and over the last few days, there have been certain people with the 'view' that THEIR view, 'experience' and oversight, is much more 'knowledgeable'...and that 'my' view...is pure as they have typed;  B.S.   I didn't need a post-released note to have PICKED UP, that post-install of v1.30, DID alter, for the good or bad...the visual acuity. For Christ's sake..that is what I do for a living....I am a visual artist, and must be able to pick out minute detail for a pre and post project run.  I won't say any more about that, and in fact...to the much relief of at least two people that have 'labeled' my differences of opinion on the result of a post install...as per their 'way of things'...as B.S....I have decided to just enjoy this hobby, and fly.  No matter how much my opinion is different from another's, is differed, or might not be swayed by another poster...not EVER...and there would be no time, that I would openly and forum-publicly; 'dress down'...and say insulting, inflammatory comment that is designed to 'dismiss' someone's opinion as worthless, or misleading.  I am no expert in this field of flight simulation. Neither were the two posters over the last three days, that one would think, they, by their personal outtake and hobby experience, does have the genre corralled and reined in...as though THEIR opinion was the baseline that all others should apply theirs by, and not merely post as a personal outtake.  I type on how I feel...as a personal opinion...and no more. Either for the good, with my natural enthusiasm, or for the negative, also with an inherent enthusiasm.  It is always a reader's choice in ANY MATTER, whether they subscribe to, and align themselves with the poster's forum opinion, or they do not.  That is the rule of intelligence.  There is...by class, and by civil behavior, NO ROOM, to belittle, or berate the opinion of another within a public forum.  I live by the taught rule of social civility, and will do so, until my last breath. I might not agree at any time with another's opinion, BUT..I will respect that it IS their opinion, right, wrong, or indifferent...and will not resort to  conduct that raises my status of mind, above theirs, publicly, or privately.  Sorry for the rant...but had to get something that was troubling me the last couple of days, off of my public chest.

Take care, Daz

Well that is unreadable as ever.

You take the time to bold and underline stuff, but it does not make it any more readable and it just looks like a mess. In the future, take more time to separate your thoughts into cohesive sentences and paragraphs.

I would agree with Novation on this, you are spreading misinformation that is not helpful to the community.

I would just like to add, on other forums, there are ways to automatically hide posts from some users.  I don't see how to utilize here or I would.

On topic, I've flown around all parts of Europe and nothing looks amiss.  FTXG does seem to look much better after the 1.3 install but it could all be placebo unless we get some comparison shots.  I'm happy as could be no matter :)

I would just like to add, on other forums, there are ways to automatically hide posts from some users. I don't see how to utilize here or I would.

Click on your name in the top right of this page and choose 'Manage Ignore Prefs'. ^_^ (EDIT Ah, that link itself works already!)

I would just like to add, on other forums, there are ways to automatically hide posts from some users.  I don't see how to utilize here or I would.

In the menu under your moniker at the top right of this page,  you 've a manage ignore prefs line That's the way it works. Very useful indeed 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

A fresh install for P3Dv2.4, and Global, Global Vectors has left me with a wonderful sim. At least on my machine, these releases from these developers keep getting better and better.

In the menu under your moniker at the top right of this page,  you 've a manage ignore prefs line That's the way it works. Very useful indeed 

Awesome thanks, and thanks J van E as well!