Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Steve's fixer and FLIGHT1's GNS530...

For a friend, in the fence to buy the fixer, could someone confirm that it fixes the problems of the Flight1 GNS 530 ( Reality XP) being displayed on the ground, instead of on the instrument panel when DX10 mode is activated in FSX?

Thanks!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Guest tymk

Works great for me, see below (taken in FSX DX10 with fixer 2.3) :smile:

T2Un.jpg

Thank you very much tymk!

I'll forward those good news ASAP :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Guest tymk

Glad I could help, the Fixer is a nice little tool. And RXP is one of the few things that keep me from migrating completely to P3D2...

Tym

Glad I could help, the Fixer is a nice little tool. And RXP is one of the few things that keep me from migrating completely to P3D2...

Tym

Its abit more than "a nice little tool" , it brings a whole new ball game to flight simulation in terms of graphics and stability, the main advice for those considering purchasing , is to download the manual first to check if your able to run it.

Its also worth noting that only certain airplane addons are configured for the xp gns530 to be inserted in the vc. I have it in the b60 duke and in dx10 have no problems, however thier is a configuration tool with the xp gauge that allows you to configure a gns530 pop-up in most addons.

Bob

Guest tymk

Its abit more than "a nice little tool" , it brings a whole new ball game to flight simulation in terms of graphics and stability, the main advice for those considering purchasing , is to download the manual first to check if your able to run it.

I fully agree, I was just being lighthearted :wink: Steve has fixed a tremendous amount of stuff, and has been very helpful and responsive whenever issues occurred, so the product has my full and unreserved recommendation.

Its also worth noting that only certain airplane addons are configured for the xp gns530 to be inserted in the vc. I have it in the b60 duke and in dx10 have no problems, however thier is a configuration tool with the xp gauge that allows you to configure a gns530 pop-up in most addons.

I assume that the person jcomm mentioned has things working in DX9 already, but you're right, of course.

Tym

I assume that the person jcomm mentioned has things working in DX9 already, but you're right, of course.

Exactly, and he's been very reluctant in moving to DX10 - he has a very stable, full of add-ons ( years and $$$$ of add-ons ) in FSX DX9, so he's affraid not only of possible quirks / incompatibilities but also of lower perfiormance.

It's been a long time since I last used FSX, but it was with Steve's Fixer, and I am sure it made my FSX run a lot smoother.

Main Simulation Rig:

Guest tymk

One thing to note when moving from DX9 do DX10 is that he will need higher anti-aliasing settings to get the same quality (i.e. eliminate shimmers). What graphics card is he using? I wasn't able to run a sufficient SGSSAA level on my old 460 to get rid of all shimmering (no longer an issue with the 780)...

Tym

I guess it's an ATI card, but I'll confirm with him. Thx!

Main Simulation Rig:

One thing to note when moving from DX9 do DX10 is that he will need higher anti-aliasing settings to get the same quality (i.e. eliminate shimmers). What graphics card is he using? I wasn't able to run a sufficient SGSSAA level on my old 460 to get rid of all shimmering (no longer an issue with the 780)...

Tym

Tym,

he has an  ati hd 6970

Main Simulation Rig:

Guest tymk

I'm not that familiar with the ATI range, but it looks like it's an older card comparable (more or less) to the GTX 570. I'd experiment with DX10 without the Fixer first to see what kind of performance he gets with higher SSAA settings that help get rid of shimmers. People have very different levels of sensitivity to AA, shimmers, etc., so it's really difficult to provide any concrete advice, but my guess is that he should be fine. But, as I said, it's better to test first with the free shader mods and fixes Steve has provided.

Tym

Thx again Tym. I'll fwd that to him!

Main Simulation Rig: