Sign in to follow this  
riccardo74

EZCA doesn't work with P3D 2.4

Upgrading to 2.4 I've found EZCA doesn't work any more, I got this error:

"FSX process not found. FSX_handle=0"

It only works in Legacy Mode.

Any ideas?

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

I've tried your trick without success. Does it work for you?

I found that if I lauch EZCA.exe after P3D is loaded, EZCA works fine.

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

I used the migration tool and the beta prepar3d .exe file

Download version 1.15 of Ezdok install it with the migration tool into the default folder.then copy the prepar3d ecza.exe file straight on top of the ezca.exe file in the default EZCA folder.check your EXE.DLL file and add this to it if it's not there.

<Launch.Addon>
  <Name>EZdok camera addon</Name>
    <Disabled>false</Disabled>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA\EZCA.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

the path shown is the path where you copy the Prepar3d new EXCA.exe,just replace it.

here's a link to the New EZCA.EXE that you need.

http://www.simforums.com/forums/ezdok-and-prepar3d_topic40274_post236510.html#236510

100 per cent works ,i'm using it  with prepar3d 2.4 at the  moment

steve

You will probably need to install the latest version of the P3D Simconnect files, this is the usual cause of that error, usually because you don't have FSX installed as well.

Cheers, Andy.

Stop stop stop guys!

1) on 2.3 it works perfectly

2) I have FSX installed on the same machine

3) i installed ezca 1.15 and then 1.17 with EMT and worked fine on 2.3

4) where I find the latest simconnect for p3d?

5) why it works in legacy mode?

6) why it works perfectly if I launch it manually after getting FSX handle error?

Riccardo

It must not be loading from the EXL when the Sim starts is the only thing I can think of. Try to add those lines and see if it auto-starts.

William it autostarts correctly, the problem is tied to FSX.exe process that p3d seems not to read as started.

Riccardo

Steve don't stope you now :-)

The problem is not ezca.exe, I assum you are using the beta ezca file, correct?

I've always been using 1.17 ezca.exe file (FSX) and worked perfectly fine, until today with 2.4

The problem here seems to be that ezca can't "see" the virtual FSX.exe is loaded, so it returns the error.

Riccardo

Did you get the new EMT? Check the flightsim.ee forum as I don't think it is part of the current updater. Try installing EZDok with that.

Ryan

I have the same problem, but frankly it doesn't bother me. I just launch ezca.exe manually after the sim loads.

I have the same problem, but frankly it doesn't bother me. I just launch ezca.exe manually after the sim loads.

Wow, I'm not alone. What we have made wrong?

Riccardo