Sign in to follow this  
daniel_schm

Spars grid supersampling in v2.4 is working

Great news,

since spars grid supersampling was impossible to use in v2.3 due to heavy FPS impact it's now working fine without any impact.

txasitg5.png

hard to believe that 4xSGSSAA has no FSP impact. How can you be sure that it is indeed enabled in your case?

I remember you need set Antialiasing compatibility to "BioShock" in order to get SGSSAA to work in P3D.

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

Fact is my FPS are locked to 30. In v2.3 the FPS drops down to about 6 or so by enable SGSS.

In v2.4 FPS are solid locked at 30 even on bad weather. Give it a try. The sharpness is amazing.

Sombody found that BioShock "tweak", but it turned out SGSS works just fine without it.

In other news, you'll see the difference at once. Most of the shimmering is gone with 4x SGSS, and almost all of it with 8x.

I doubt it now gives no FPS loss, though.

Let me guess, you have cloud draw distance to minimum with coverage to minimum?

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

Call me a doubting Thomas but nothing else works in NI in P3D so. To sure this is. UT good luck if it works for you!

I use 4x SGSS in NI with 4x MSAA set in P3D.  It works great in v2.4 even in cloudy conditions and I have a modest system...cloud coverage slider set to maximum.  Without a high resolution setup it's actually the only way to eliminate the shimmering textures that I have found.  You don't need the "Bioshock" setting.  There is a slight performance trade off but it is well worth it imo.

Ryan

Ryan

I use 4x SGSS in NI with 4x MSAA set in P3D

I do as well and it DOES work. The shimmering and dancing runway lines blend right in. I also use FXAA which also incrementally helps.

Definitely works.

I use only 2xSGSS, it doesn't totally remove shimmer, but almost; and it has minimal impact on frames.

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

It also eliminates the Orbx night light flashing/shimmering that I was experiencing.

Ryan

If it is working...great but did why LM not take the opportunity to get the 1/2 Adaptive Synch working as well....this just does not work...so sim scenery stutters still exist...now that is a shame!

If it is working...great but did why LM not take the opportunity to get the 1/2 Adaptive Synch working as well....this just does not work...so sim scenery

stutters still exist...now that is a shame!

I am also curious as to why this is not being addressed. This is seriously holding the sim back.

Matt Wilson

It also eliminates the Orbx night light flashing/shimmering that I was experiencing.

I actually think that shimmering lights are realistic as you would see in the real world. The lights from a distance would flicker as they are refracted though the polluted atmosphere :)