Sign in to follow this  
daniel_schm

Spars grid supersampling in v2.4 is working

I'm not sure if LM have done anything to AA in 2.4 per se. What they have done, is to significantly optimize shadows, which frees up more GPU power for SGSS AA. It really is a big improvement: I can now use 4xSGSS with cloud shadows in ASN overcast conditions, with most other settings maxed, and still get 30-40fps with very few stutters. Note that this is with a Titan Black at 1980x1200: if you have a weaker GPU or higher resolution you may have lower results.

I don't know what half refresh vsync has to do with this, but am confident that LM would have fixed it if straightforward. Some people say it requires full screen exclusive mode, others say a Nvidia profile... Not sure myself.

Great to hear if this is working now...well done LM

But the biggest of par for them is not addressing the induced stutters which can be smoothed out through NI via 1/2 adaptive.....

They say we as users should lobby the vendors for better drivers...

I say as a world wide company developing this sim why did they not approach them when thinking about the non full screen window...LM would carry more weight than me!

Sadly I have got a refund because of this as I was just getting very frustrated and though until this is fixed if at all I am wasting my time.

Good news though for those of you it is working well for

Happy flying

Hello, for me it seems to work too, but now heavy clouds has an immense impact on frames.

Well I will look further.

I don't seem to suffer from any serious stutters in P3D, so I am not sure why that is the case with others.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I don't seem to suffer from any serious stutters in P3D, so I am not sure why that is the case with others.

I for one think that after all this time tweaking and twirling, going trough inumerous hoops and steps just to get fsx "working", people just can't deal with a simulator that just works right away. That's why P3D "Stutters", that's why X-Plane has an "horrible interface", people just need to find something wrong with it, no matter how imaginary the problem is ;)

Cheers!

It seems that volumetric fog has many impact on frames when NI is activated.

Because in outside View with heavy clouds my frames jumpeds and i got stutters.

But when I disable fog, I have max fps.

I hadn´t had this problem before I configure my NI.

But the biggest of par for them is not addressing the induced stutters which can be smoothed out through NI via 1/2 adaptive.....

In my experience, P3D v2.3 is the actual sim that does not give me the annoying micro stutters.  For the first time in three years that I can enjoy smooth flying.  I am curious as to how did you test your P3D v2?  In my case, I found that UTX product causes stutters ( I use the EMT to test, just to see) removing UTX made the stutters go away.  Now I adopt a one add on at a time approach, if one gives stutters it is gone in a heart beat.   I suppose now that I found that UTX can cause issue, I could give FSX another try, but I decided not to bother because the new DX11 features are amazing.

Back to the OP, I too also use 4SGSS without loss in FPS.  I wil try to lower to 2SGSS though since my card is only a GTX680.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Anxu00

nothing added to P3D jsu as downloaded not weather engine no AG on at all and min settings...and still the scenery stutters and when banking in default aircraft....all this on a i7 2600k at 4.5 and a 770gtx 4gb.....

runs FSX like a charm scenery does not stutter because we have NI control and it is a Full screen....

don't get me wrong I like P3d but I will not keep it as I will not use it in this state...as I said glad it works for others...and will wait until I final here that LM are addressing the issues re Full Screen of the drivers work...then I may try again..

All the best

Turning mine to 4SGSS resulted in about a 4-6 fps loss with the fair weather cloud theme enabled (testing NYC DD for instance).. this on P3D v2.4.. in many situations (as i noticed even with 2.3) there isnt a huge loss, clouds at least on my system still drag it down, but then again i'm running 5760x1080 (gtx 780ti)

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

Hmmm, does it work with HDR

It has always worked, but it is a killer.
Why you are looking for problems?
Only fly with the good weather?