Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Ships Ahoy!....The Bay of Naples with MyCaptain ship A.I.

I start this flight taking off out of Naples..and heading towards the port...

The second to final shot needs no explanation. It is a blast to now have ships and boats anywhere I want...now, my A.I. world is complete...land and sea...  These boats, all of what you see, are not just dead and static...nope..they all move out under their cruise-plan, or...you make them go where you wish......Enjoy...

Post Edit:  Just wanted to add. that there is little to no work, to get this up and running. The main MyCaptain App, will auto-spawn all ships for you...put some in port as you see..and some are already out upon the water, on the cruise.  Before my take-off out of Naples...I started up the MyCaptain App..and it spawned 234 boats within a 50 mile radius of my plane. You can spec how far from your x/y you want traffic to spawn...so...so cool...you NEVER fly out of range...as you rubber-neck around P3D/FSX  XPX, should have this so good!!!!!   Bummer, that it does not...

If you like the idea of no-longer dead water bodies,  lakes, rivers, oceans...then you need to pick up MyTraffic 5.4c for FSX and it will work like a charm installing right into P3D v2.3 or v2.4.  Ahoy...Mateys....get going...and the world finally will be as real as it gets!

Cheers,

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1  http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/a0Z

Almost looks like a scene from the Love Boat Mitch :lol:  Maybe next you can take a flight around Mackinac Island.  Let's see how many boats and ships Lake Huron can handle!

Chris Sunseri

If I ever tourist myself over to Naples...I will look out for this marine traffic, lol

Have fun viewing...

Captain Kangaroo

Almost looks like a scene from the Love Boat Mitch :lol:  Maybe next you can take a flight around Mackinac Island.  Let's see how many boats and ships Lake Huron can handle!

You got it, Pin..and that is a great idea...for I truly HAUNT that place...was there last weekend..and was the weather GLORIOUS!  My sun-burned head...attests to that... :blink:

Just realized, looking at my pictures..there are no ship hull reflections in the water...and because I forgot to turn on simObjects.  I just did in my flight..and boy...what a difference...totally life-like. So..they are there..and I only wish that wakes were not modeled into water height, etc....I had them yesterday, but not for some reason, today...

Post Edit: I am still learning in how to use the MyCaptain app.  I now have ship spawning set to the maximum distance out from any given position of my aircraft, which is a very healthy 100 miles!  I now have on the display...a ship spawn (remember tons of models..for the program to call up..) 197, and it always changes...for this is a live, dynamic as-you-go program....

To create your own Harbor...you also have in the marine package...MyHarbor.  I think you will get the idea....

...back to the flight...and OH..you can even choose to be ABOARD any of the ships...I already did that...what a blast!

Mitch

HI Mitch,

Nice screenshots.

Have you tried the free AI Ships packages downloadable from the Avsim library?

They were designed for FSX but run great in P3D. Reading your previous post reminded me to install them again!

Nice models, accurate routes, wakes (which I noticed were missing in your shots) etc, etc.

All the best, 

Daz

HI Mitch,

Nice screenshots.

Have you tried the free AI Ships packages downloadable from the Avsim library?

They were designed for FSX but run great in P3D. Reading your previous post reminded me to install them again!

Nice models, accurate routes, wakes (which I noticed were missing in your shots) etc, etc.

All the best, 

Daz

The wakes in P3D are sort of broken...been reading about that..and the right weather conditions..wave heights need to be in play...at least, that's what I was reading in different forums...  Are those ship packages dynamic, can you assign how far out from your view they spawn..and do they travel sea lanes, and from port to port, as these do?  I have to tell you..for a bonus package...The dev really pulled out all the stops...what a fabulous value, for what you get...really, a total  air and sea A.I. solution...

1.  This spawns marine traffic from a huge texture pool that comes with MyTraffic 5.4c, and YOU set how many miles out from your changing x/y. You don't run out of marine traffic on any water-body no matter how many miles you fly.  As you can see in my last four or five shot...these are islands, many miles out from the port of Naples..and as I fly over the water mass..towards the islands..I have ship of all sorts...commercial, fishing, passenger, and military going about their business. As you come into any land...where there are marinas or harbors....you have ships of all sorts...Ferry, tankers, fishing boats...nets and whalers, fire-boats, EVERYTHING, and as in real life..nothing is constant..you are totally surprised by where..and what.  This so adds to the immersion of real life....let me tell ya....with the world about 80 percent water...P3D and FSX should have things HAPPENING on it...don't you think?   A great program..that covers all the bases...totally automatic..or you have complete control..EVEN in making harbors...and what is in them, from them, to them...  WOW.......

PS...I just found out that you can tweak the wake.fx file in any of the boats to what you want.  I already did this with a few motorboats..and that made for a better wake effect. I just have to remember how I did that....

Not as flexible as the MyTraffic system, but I believe the models are of real ships and they travel realistic routes at realistic times, which I like.

I did clock the MyCaptain program when I had MyTraffic Pro installed. I just never tried it.

I suppose you have to actually install MyTraffic to get the MyCaptain exe accessible in the installation folders?

Quick link to a thread where the author of AIShips announces releases and provides some screenshots:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?76226-Gigantic-FSX-AI-ship-pack

Daz

I suppose you have to actually install MyTraffic to get the MyCaptain exe accessible in the installation folders?

I believe that you do, Daz.  I checked out your reference...and truly nobody should be without marine traffic...not when both P3D and FSX do such a great job with water bodies...

Mitch