Sign in to follow this  
TrafficPilot

More pix of my weird clouds in V2.4

Yup getting this too occasionally (with REX4 and OPUS). Posted this up in the P3D forums...

Weird non?

This vertical cloud thing exists in FSX as well.  It's strange because I'll go months without seeing it, and then suddenly I'll get hit with a rash of them for a few flights.  Then it disappears and I'll forget all about it again.  Have seen this with Opus, ASN and Rex wx engines as well as with straight FSX wx themes.

Bottom line is that I think the underlying bug has been there forever in both FSX and now P3D, but something has to happen to trigger the issue and perhaps a change in 2.4 is doing exactly that.

Scott

Surely something is not right..

From the ground. Orbx screenshot theme with HDE cloud textures..

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2014/10/02/f8ugo.jpg

And with ASN whilst airborne..

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2014/10/02/sZlFT.jpg

Weird non?

And..you wonder no more why I ran...didn't walk back to v2.3. Check out my screenshots taken with clouds off the coast of Italy today...and those shots represent only ONE reason that I 'drove around the block once more.....'...

Out of interest has anyone not running any cloud addon's encountered this? Ive never seen anything like this but I just tend to run defaults.

Lewis - A2A Simulations

Some guys should be more concentrated on flying than on looking for weird clouds. Are we talking about a cloud simulator now?

Spirit

He paid 200 bucks and can expect a good looking Sim and can complaining about it as much as he wants, if something bothers him! Deal with it or just ignore the topic. 

Philipp Schwaegerl

He paid 200 bugs...................So please stop complaining about unsatisfied customers.

How do you know? Reporting the errors at LM is ok but what some guys are doing is more like whining. That bothers me, got it?

Spirit

Guest tymk

I've also got this in FSX (very occasionally) with REX4 textures, never with FEX. I've only done a tiny bit of flying in 2.4, but tested various weather scenarios and never got that issue with FEX clouds...

Tym

Out of interest has anyone not running any cloud addon's encountered this? Ive never seen anything like this but I just tend to run defaults.

Never seen it in FSX or P3D, I only use default cloud textures.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Some guys should be more concentrated on flying than on looking for weird clouds. Are we talking about a cloud simulator now?

Er, its a flight sim, and last time I checked, flying through, above and around clouds was quite an important aspect of simulated flight, and the actions you take.

Its important. Got it :P

I've seen this too and its something 2.4 introduced for me.

Not using a weather engine.

It's not 2.4 specific, I had this happening with 2.3 like two weeks ago. For me a reinstall solved it.

Over on the P3D forum there's a post going about this, more people are seeing this probleem. It seems to happen with external weather engines as well as with default weather and with or without REX.

Cheers!

Maarten

Folks,

This issue is not tied into textures or weather engine. It happens with default, as well as add-on environment programs.

It's an anomaly we've been looking into for years, as well as the original developers for FSX and Flight. There doesn't seem to be any specific variables that can help pinpoint thus far.

I do hope that the developers at LM can eradicate this once and for all!

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

The only time I saw clouds look wrong at all is with incorrectly spaced cloud layers from the weather injection.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com