Sign in to follow this  
TrafficPilot

More pix of my weird clouds in V2.4

Guest tymk

This issue is not tied into textures or weather engine. It happens with default, as well as add-on environment programs.

Thanks for the explanation Tim, I apologize if my post sounded like trying to pin the issue on your product. Is it possible that certain texture sets simply make it more pronounced?

Tym

Hi Tym,

No worries, I didn't take it like that. I just want folks to understand the scope of this.

It's quite noticeable either way, sometimes worse than others, depending on how far the sprites are stretched.

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

How do you know? Reporting the errors at LM is ok but what some guys are doing is more like whining. That bothers me, got it?

Spirit

What's worse... whining about problems with a product you bought, or whining about other people discussing problems with a product they bought?

I'll bring you some cheese next time.

Spirit I agree it is a flight simulator but if you're going to include weather with it at least provide weather that looks like the real thing rather than bits of fuzzy paper floating around the aeroplane. Now go troll somewhere else :D

These slivers of cloud are appearing with or without an external weather engine.

It has definitely got worse since "upgrading" to V2.4. Two steps forward three steps backwards.

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

"It has definitely got worse since "upgrading" to V2.4"

​Definitely as a matter of fact I have never seen this in last 3 versions I have used

Rich Sennett

I've seen and continue to see this in FSX. Regardless of the WX engine. It is immersion breaking, but I do my best to ignore it. I thought it was a bug of FSX/P3D that was categorized as "unfixable". Looking forward to this minor fix (if it comes).

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

I've seen and continue to see this in FSX. Regardless of the WX engine. It is immersion breaking, but I do my best to ignore it. I thought it was a bug of FSX/P3D that was categorized as "unfixable". Looking forward to this minor fix (if it comes).

No dear, I put in the 2.4 the file cloud.fx of the 2.3 and that problem is gone.

ut of interest has anyone not running any cloud addon's encountered this? Ive never seen anything like this but I just tend to run defaults.

I run the default clouds with OPUS and see them

Some guys should be more concentrated on flying than on looking for weird clouds. Are we talking about a cloud simulator now?

Spirit

The cloudscape is an essential dimension of the pleasure  of flying

Folks,

This issue is not tied into textures or weather engine. It happens with default, as well as add-on environment programs.

It's an anomaly we've been looking into for years, as well as the original developers for FSX and Flight. There doesn't seem to be any specific variables that can help pinpoint thus far.

I do hope that the developers at LM can eradicate this once and for all!

What's weird is that I've never seen them in FSX, FS9 or V2.3 then with 2.4 here they come almost each flight being in NorCal or PNG :)

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

No dear, I put in the 2.4 the file cloud.fx of the 2.3 and that problem is gone.

Will try that tonight and see what the results are. Luckily I backed up my modified cloud.fx from V2.3

What's weird is that I've never seen them in FSX, FS9 or V2.3 then with 2.4 here they come almost each flight being in NorCal or PNG :)

I've never seen them in FS9 or FSX. Started to see them in V2.3 and they're alot worse now in V2.4.

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

I have seen them more in 2.4 then any other build.

Also (this is a little off topic) I could of swarm I read somewhere that the spinning clouds got eliminated but I still get them a lot when using the HAT

SoTGpdF.png

George Kyriazis | www.georgekonline.com

ELB729.png

the first pictures look like the cloud planes are aligned with the viewport from the forward view, but should be rotated so that they face the camera if it is rotated.  Most of them do rotate, but the few that don't stand out.  That last picture is nearly the same, but instead of external view, the VC view is rotated and yet the cloud plane seems like it is correctly aligned for a forward view, but since we're not looking forward, we see the odd angled plane.  The weather engines only locate the sprites or tell the sim to place X weather at XXXX station or X,X lat/lon.  FS/P3D is in charge of creating the sprites, loading the textures onto the sprites and aligning them with the viewport properly.  IIRC, I think I read that LM were trying to eliminate the spinning cloud tiles as they passed nearer the edge of the viewscreen, they'd spin to face the center of the camera location.  By looking into one, they may end up fixing both as they're somewhat the same issue with sprite rotation versus camera viewport rotation.

Just try this if you use ASN.

Go to the cloud settings and switch "Force BKN to 7/8th". This can be done when P3D v2.4 is running and one can see the difference immediately. Switch back and look what happens then. Don't forget to activate this setting.

Spirit

PM2K.jpg

I've got this cloud problem in P3Dv2.3, too.

@spirit_66

In ASN I have "Force BKN to 7/8ths" disabled since release of this option. I will try your test next time.

Patric