Sign in to follow this  
z06z33

GTX 980 VS GTX770 FSX and P3DV2 Comparison, a bit of a surprise!

hm, tried all of your tips, but still no luck. I really don't know why fsx is lagging. I used to have good fps, and now im only at 20-25... every other game is running perfect. all maxed out on battlefield 4 with 80 fps... 

If anyone has any tips for me, please let me know. Really want to make it to CTP on Saturday. 

The only other thing that I can suggest, (short of a reinstall of FSX) is to temporarily rename FSX.cfg to FSX.cfg.old (or whatever) and then run FSX and let the sim rebuild the configuration file from scratch.  Then from the FSX UI, set your image quality sliders and settings. Gradually add back the other entries to FSX,cfg until you figure out which item is adversely affecting the sim.

FSX is not as responsive to upgrades of the GPU as are P3d and XP10, but your CPU is solid and you shouldn't be getting worse performance for the exact same settings.

hm, tried all of your tips, but still no luck. I really don't know why fsx is lagging. I used to have good fps, and now im only at 20-25... every other game is running perfect. all maxed out on battlefield 4 with 80 fps... 

If anyone has any tips for me, please let me know. Really want to make it to CTP on Saturday. 

I went the other way (to a R290 from a GTX670) and ended up having to reinstall the sim to get it back up to speed.

This was despite the reg cleaners, shader and cfg deletes etc.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Guys when you talk about deleating the compiled shreders folder do you mean compleately deleate the folder and FSX will create a new one or just delite the files inside the shreders folder and the sub folders?

http://www.overclock.net/t/1515264/gtx-980-vs-gtx-780-ti-benchmarked-1440p-performance

I guess it depends who you ask. I'd rather wait and see if someone with an new X99 mobo can benchmark  both a GTX 780ti and GTX 980 with P3d. In any case, the GTX 980 is only the flagship of the Maxwell line temporarily until the 20 nm Maxwells arrive next year

I bought the 780ti and a week later sold it and grabbed the G1 980. I run just the I7 4771@3.5 with H97 Board. NIGHT and DAY. Im not going to run numbers about each card and ive never cared about framerates, (If I cant see it stuttering, Its fine) But the 980 is a monster. I havnt ran across a game yet that looks like im playing it for the first time. I thought I had dust bouncing off the dash on my 172 when I landed. This is with FSX, Ran P3D V2 briefly and it looked pretty good. Dont like P3d as much for some reason. X Plane my settings are "almost" maxed. Still playin with that. Ive got a ton of OC left also. Def reccomend the G1 Giga