Sign in to follow this  
ahammerman

777 autoland

Well once again same problem... flying American airlines EGLL-KJFK and I caught the localized, went to hit approach hold and the same thing happened. I figured maybe I was too far out so I waited until I got closer and continuously tried it. Still nothing. I disengaged autopilot and then landed the plane. Nothing special. After I began to taxi to the gate I realized that the landing checklist hadn't been filled out. Could that have been the issue? I had an 8 knot headwind almost directly on my nose. I read through much of the FCOM sections and the only thing I can think of us that I didn't fill in the checklist.

Please Help!

Avery Hammerman

The checklist is merely of advisory nature and has no influence on the aircrafts systems.

Just to make sure: Have you engaged both autopilots? You need both of them coupled for the aircraft to make a full autoland by itself.

For the checklist, I can tell 100% sure that the issue doesn't come from it. I complete the checklist at around 1500ft AGL when established at landing config well after having activated the approach mode. So it can block it.

Honestly, I can't see what's wrong with your sim, maybe a bug?

Procedure wise, the ILS approach is quite easy to perform:

_ Check that the correct ILS frequency and bearing are entered in the FMC

_ Check that you are on a correct intercept angle with autopilot ON

_ Check that the weather is within the operational limits

And if you have no failure, that's pretty much all you technically have to do.

Regarding the autopilots, you don't have to manage them like in the NG where you must push the second one for an  autoland, the T7 manage them for you (that's why both illuminates when you push on one).

So I'm unfortunately running out of idea here if you have no failure active... sorry!

Maybe someone with more knowledge than me?

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

It starting to sound like some type of bug . Ill reinstall the plane and see if that works.

Avery Hammerman

It usually occurs if you are not configured appropriately by a certain height. Havent checked the docs but make sure you are at Vapp, landing flaps, gear down, speed brake armed by 1500 feet.

Regards

Howard

H D Isaacs

It usually occurs if you are not configured appropriately by a certain height. Havent checked the docs but make sure you are at Vapp, landing flaps, gear down, speed brake armed by 1500 feet.

Regards

Howard

H D Isaacs

For an autoland, yes; but there, the problem is that he can't even arm the approach mode which doesn't need to be in landing config.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

I reinstalled the plane and am currently flying from TNCM-KATL so we'll see once I arrive. During the repair installation I did see some things like"ILS" and "approach" that took a while to reinstall but that might just be normal. Hopefully the approach hold will work this time around. I tested it in the default PMDG 777-300ER from KPAE-KSEA and it worked as it should have. I'll post some more info after land.

Thanks

Avery Hammerman

So far it looks good. This landing went down without a problem. However that is just one just like the Cathay Pacific plane as stated earlier.I'll fly one more today and see I everyone checks out.

Avery Hammerman