Sign in to follow this  
flyaway719

A request for md80 someday

I know that flight1 has this product, I am not here to trash there product. But once you fly PMDG I just can't seem to jump in another cockpit. I have that much faith in your company's ability that if you decided on A MD80 it would be A home run for all of us. Thank you for the work that You have done on the NGX and T7 you have made it a great and fun learning experience that will probably last a life time.      

I don't have it but there have been tons of folks that raved about this one...

http://www.flythemaddog.com/

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

The Leonardo MD-80 is by far the best model in terms of systems.  VC visuals desperately needs updating.

I downloaded the TSS soundset for around £3 GBP and I'm off!

A superb addon with hours of amusement

You do realise that there is almost a 0% chance PMDG will just make an aircraft because you asked them too? They will make aircraft they think they need to make. These requests mean nothing to them.

The Leonardo MD80 not only has great systems on it, but is 100% capable of running multiple crew over internet. (Every button including FMC is shared... assuming no packet loss).

Yes, the virtual cockpit graphics are a bit wanting, but all the systems you could need *Even some Circuit Breakers* are simulated.

As an aircraft which is starting to be retired across many fleets now, they are becoming a rare sight in pretty much every region except the USA. Most airlines in Europe and Asia have retired these aircraft in the last few years, and in Oceania they have been retired for a decade already...

PMDG will do whichever aircraft they think will sell well, and that they can accurately make.

I personally hope there's a PMDG 787 in our future... but before that, the 747v2 needs to come out.

PMDG has a ton on there hands right now and I wouldn't expect an MD-80 in the near future... But it could happen eventually. If you collect some info on md-80's and maybe even get access to one (if you have those type of connections) then you might have better luck catching one of the higher-ups eyes. Best of luck to you, I would certainly enjoy that aircraft too.

Avery Hammerman

You do realise that there is almost a 0% chance PMDG will just make an aircraft because you asked them too? They will make aircraft they think they need to make. These requests mean nothing to them.

Comments like these mean nothing to to the OP either. This is a forum - a place for discussion, and that's all he's trying to do.

I personally would welcome an MD-80 from PMDG. Leonardo-SH was looking for a modeler a little while back so they could begin an "MD-80 v2" if you will, but it looks like the project fell through. With the future of Flight Simulator uncertain, and the PMDG development cycle of an airplane being significantly less than that of Boeing, I believe there may come a time where PMDG has essentially "caught up" to Boeing, and their only option to stay in business with FS products will be to venture out and begin developing aircraft from other manufacturers, or to begin making legacy aircraft - such as the 757/767 and MD-80. 

Hi 

With the future of Flight Simulator uncertain, and the PMDG development cycle of an airplane being significantly less than that of Boeing, I believe there may come a time where PMDG has essentially "caught up" to Boeing, and their only option to stay in business with FS products will be to venture out and begin developing aircraft from other manufacturers, or to begin making legacy aircraft - such as the 757/767 and MD-80. 

Hi,

I believe that by the time PMDG releases the B744 v2, then B747-8 v2 and then maybe the B777-200ER and then maybe the B787 also... then the real B777X will be produced by Boeing and so PMDG may start to develop it as well!  :P

So I'm not so sure PMDG would need to develop legacy aircrafts or from other manufacturers ever!  :rolleyes:

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

I think we will get a 737 v3 before an md-80.

Edit: Not that I wouldn't gladly buy it.

Hi 

Hi,

I believe that by the time PMDG releases the B744 v2, then B747-8 v2 and then maybe the B777-200ER and then maybe the B787 also... then the real B777X will be produced by Boeing and so PMDG may start to develop it as well!  :P

So I'm not so sure PMDG would need to develop legacy aircrafts or from other manufacturers ever!  :rolleyes:

We shall see......