Sign in to follow this  
Fi5kuS

I want to do it right this time! Installation of FSX for dummies

Hi!

I had to format my entire computer again because I had messed up to much. So now I can start from scratch. Please correct my order here if anything is not correct.

1. Install FSX + SP1 + SP2

2. FTX Global 1.10

3. FTX Global 1.20 patch

4. FTX OpenLC

5. FTX Vector 1.10

6. FTX Vector 1.15 patch

7. FS Global Ultimate (mesh) - This is not the FTX compatible one btw, maybe thats whats causing my problems from the beginning.

8. Payware airports

-Arlanda

-Bergen

-Oslo

-Vaernes

The problem I had before was that all the sceneries didn't seem to blend in, particularly the mesh (FS global). I saw several sharp borders where the mesh suddenly jumped over what had to be FTX Global. 

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Read page 14 of this guide. Your install order is similar, except OpenLC should be installed after Vector. Oh, and ORBX recently released Global 1.30, so you don't need to install separate patches. Just download the new installer from the FlightSimStore.

I saw several sharp borders where the mesh suddenly jumped over what had to be FTX Global.

Not exactly sure what this is, but if it's anything like terrain spikes, that's a known issue with Vector. Best to ask about that on the ORBX forums.

Read page 14 of this guide. Your install order is similar, except OpenLC should be installed after Vector. Oh, and ORBX recently released Global 1.30, so you don't need to install separate patches. Just download the new installer from the FlightSimStore.

Not exactly sure what this is, but if it's anything like terrain spikes, that's a known issue with Vector. Best to ask about that on the ORBX forums.

Alright, thanks. No, Im not thinking of terrain spikes - its more like this:

Screenshot55667.jpg

Doesn't seem like the sceneries blend into each other.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Alright, thanks. No, Im not thinking of terrain spikes - its more like this:

Screenshot55667.jpg

Doesn't seem like the sceneries blend into each other.

Hi, this is the egde between a photo scenery and either default scenery textures or another photo type scenery that doesn't match (photo made a couple of years earlier or later?). These edges are always that sharp. If it wasn't there before, then there is a piece of the photo sceneries missing or one has been updated but not the other.

I have the norway freeware too, and sometimes I have problems with these sceneries because of their names, especially the ones containing a lot of "Umlaut" (like "Järvenpää").

You might want to check if all sceneries are present. Did you update the Norway stuff with the new version? And did you uninstall / remove the old one first?

It could be an elevation problem too, but by definition FSX should put photo scenery always on top of everything.

LORBY-SI

Hi, this is the egde between a photo scenery and either default scenery textures or another photo type scenery that doesn't match (photo made a couple of years erlier or later?). These edges are always that sharp. If it wasn't there before, then there is a piece of the photo sceneries missing or one has been updated but not the other.

I have the norway freeware too, and sometimes I have problems with these sceneries because of their names, especially the ones containing a lot of "Umlaut" (like "Järvenpää").

You might want to check if all sceneries are present. It could be an elevation problem too, but by definition FSX should put photo scenery always on top of everything.

You mean the default scenery is the one on the left then? FTX must be on the right. The weird thing is that even if I de-select FS global ultimate from the scenery library, it still looks like this.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

You mean the default scenery is the one on the left then? FTX must be on the right. The weird thing is that even if I de-select FS global ultimate from the scenery library, it still looks like this.

Hard to be sure, as the roads match in some places (FTX vector?), but this could probably be it, yes. But these could also be two photo sceneries that were produced a couple of years apart.

Default textures should repeat themselves in places and be cut off right in the middle by water etc. Do you use any terrain texture or landclass addon apart from FTX?

I noticed that the norway photo scenery had quite a lot of missing pieces. Don't know how the new version is though.

If you reinstall FSX try to install FS Global Ultimate first, before you drop in FTX. The mesh is a lot older than the FTX stuff, and maybe FTX needs to know it is there when in gets installed. Everything is possible. At least, that is the way I did it, and I don't think I have your problems (but others, like lakes on hills)

If you like, I can check a location in my sim for you, if it looks the same.

LORBY-SI

Hard to be sure, as the roads match in some places (FTX vector?), but this could probably be it, yes. But these could also be two photo sceneries that were produced a couple of years apart.

Default textures should repeat themselves in places and be cut off right in the middle by water etc. Do you use any terrain texture or landclass addon apart from FTX?

I noticed that the norway photo scenery had quite a lot of missing pieces. Don't know how the new version is though.

If you reinstall FSX try to install FS Global Ultimate first, before you drop in FTX. The mesh is a lot older than the FTX stuff, and maybe FTX needs to know it is there when in gets installed. Everything is possible. At least, that is the way I did it, and I don't think I have your problems (but others, like lakes on hills)

If you like, I can check a location in my sim for you, if it looks the same.

Thank you for replying!

I installed everything from scratch again, starting with FTX Global. Its been confirmed to me that I'm missing something in my Norway folder, so that problem should be taken care off. But, no, I dont have any other meshes nor landclasses other than FTX openLC and Vector. I havent bothered to install FS global ultimate yet since I already have Norway Mesh X 0.75. Anyways, with everything from FTX installed, I dont see any difference in for instance Sweden. I thought the FS global mesh would change that, but again, maybe its because its not compatible with FTX. 

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Don't forget to always download The ORBX Library after any ORBX Scenery that's installed.