Sign in to follow this  
Midnight Music

iFDG A32X MERGE + LOAD question

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Hi there.Following different postings about PSS - iFDG merge, here what i did:a) installed A318 and simply coupled with PSS panel:( installed A319 and Service Pack v1.4 (new FDE+Model) and coupled with PSS panelc) installed A320 and Pedro Oliveira v.10 FDE and edited, via AirEd, line 540 in each A320 CFM (EGT Temp Limit now read 1470); further i updated Light and Contact Points SECTIONS as in Service Pack v1.4).d) installed A321 and Service Pack v1.4 (new Model+Textures+ Light and Contact Points SECTIONS).e) pasted into FS2004effect folder 12 new effect files from Service Pack v1.4What i need to know is: is my procedure correct?And, how do i load A32X family? I read i can copy and paste directly from PSS A320 after loaded. Is that true?Thanks in advance for helpingLuigi ;-)

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Thanks a lot Vassilis.And, how do you load A318-A319-A321?I'm in trouble with Comm radios. When parked i can set Ground freq. via FS ATC menu but, after that cannot select any of the option and when i click 1-2-3... nothing seems to happen. So no ATC clearance at all :-(This work fine with PSS aircraft.Can you/anyone please help me?ThanksLuigi ;-)

You must update the flaps 0 section on all planes so the flap readings on the panels will be correct. For the A318 use the A319 flap settings.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Hi Lee,i recall an older merge post talking about flaps settings......But,let's talk abut loading: given aircraft.cfg's untouched for each A32X, which value must i enter as ZFW in FMC?What do you think about my COMM's trouble?Thanks a lotLuigi ;-)

Guest vas_yan

You can use the FS9 fuel and payload menu to check your empty weight and payload. Add these two values and input the result as ZFW. Regarding your radios issue, I think there is an entry in the aircraft.cfgs about standby radio frequencies. Someone with a better knowledge about cfgs should help you with that, however, I have to tell you that you shouldn't normally have to change anything. At least on my merge the radios have always worked properly.Regards,

I go to the PSS load edit utility and set my load on each PSS plane as to what I have on the iFDG plane. You will get your ZFW numbers from that. For the currently configured default iFDG A318, I'm using 117,619 lbs. as the ZFW.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Thanks for suggestions.I think my Comm trouble could be related to a wrong starting situation.Can you please tell me how did you save your starting cold and dark iFDG Airbus flight?Thanks againLuigi ;-)

Guest vas_yan

You don't have to save a specific flight, use instead the PSS panel options utility. I don't remember its name exactly. That utility configures all panel options such as keyboard shortcuts etc for all the 'buses, including the merged ones. Since the information is saved with the panel and not with the flight, e.g.you will see the plane shutting off completely everytime you start from the default flight and you have configured it for cold and dark.Regards,

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Hi Vassilis,the problem is that i'm using (at the moment) the revised Ed panel for all my A32X. So cannot save panel cfg itself.But later i've been able to save a flight with Cold & dark cockpit: it has to be saved with IFR panel ON.cheerLuigi ;-)