Sign in to follow this  
Victoroos

Hard turn after landing

Hello all

I just finished a short flight from gatwick to schiphol (not with manual) and I ran into a problem.

Just after pushback, I noticed that my plane wanted to turn left immediately, like the wheels where still locked.

I ignored that by steering to the right, and no problems further.

But just after touch down,(ils land 3) my plane again (with 130 knts) wanted to turn left again, and was just able to stay on the runway.

I read somewhere you have to turn of AP and/ AT before landing.. but in the in the manual, it never stated that.

What am I doing wrong?

vkr

victor

Victor Roos

What am I doing wrong?

Do you have a rudder or brake axis assigned on your hardware?

Kyle Rodgers

I'm not sure what that means. if you mean whether I can control brakes or rudder via my yoke, then yes, I do :)

Victor Roos

if you mean whether I can control brakes or rudder via my yoke, then yes

That's what I mean, yes, but an axis is like how your yoke moves and not a button.  Throttle levers are an axis, as an example.

My guess is that your yoke is sending a weird signal making it do this.  Try setting yourself up for an autoland and then unplug your yoke.  If it doesn't turn to the left when you land, then your yoke needs to be calibrated.

Kyle Rodgers

Nope. It still happened..

Even with the yoke unplugged?

Also, it's a forum requirement to place your full real name at the bottom of your posts.

Kyle Rodgers

Yepp it does... I'm not sure why.. As far as I'm concerned.. I followed procedures..

Vkr

Victor Roos

(better? ;))

Victor Roos

It wasn't meant as a smart guy.. It was an honest attempt. I'm sorry if I offended.. Do I have to put it in the signature?

I hope my question gets answered though. :)

Victor Roos

don't be a wise guy when someone is trying to help you. The moderators will remove your posts if you don't sign your name

I didn't take it offensively, for what it's worth.

Do I have to put it in the signature?

The signature that you're now using seems to fit the bill - thank you.

Okay, so can you taxi normally without the plane turning left?  Does this only occur on landing?

Kyle Rodgers

alright, I'm very sorry.. I was just surprised.

Anyway, it happens just after pushback, till I steer to the right to correct..

and again just after touch down.

Victor Roos

Here's 2 wild guesses...1 do you have aileron and rudder coordination disabled?  2 have you checked the condition of the brakes and tires?

Steve

Steve Corzine

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

HI

I recently kinda had the same problem just last night. I had done a flight a couple of days ago and had a hard landing. I think it was like 600FPM. Ya, i know ouch. So, On the next flight I loaded the saved Panel State from my previous flight like I always do. When I loaded the Panel State I noticed that the rudder was full right deflection. I re-centered the rudder with trim and did my next flight. Well, the landing on the next flight was a belly bomber as well. I thought what the? I had the whole approach right on the numbers.

On the next leg I started the next flight with a new Panel State and i was able to land as well as I always have. I don't know if PMDG even modeled such a thing but it happened. The point I'm trying to make is it could be the panel state from which you are starting with. Just trying to be helpful.

David Warner

David Warner

BetaTeamB.png

1: I don't understand that part, sorry :)

and 2: I already tried with failures off.. and still sometimes happenes

I Always start with the "short" panel.

Victor Roos

Does it happen with any other aircraft right now?

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.