Sign in to follow this  
Yosm

OC not seeing installed liveries correct, anybody know what is wrong?

So I uninstalled a few liveries, now i want to reinstall one of them, but i came across something strange.

Some of the uninstalled liveries have the red update button next to it. If i click them it changes to installed but the livery is not installed at all (no texture folder and nothing in the aircraft.cfg). + they are not there in the livery manager part of the OC.

This means that they cannot be uninstalled, thus not able to reinstall.

Anybody know what i can do about this?

You've got a double post mate.  How did you uninstall the liveries? If you didn't follow the OC Manual (0.00.26) by using the red Remove button, but used the Control Panel, then you created this problem.  One workaround is to redownload the livery using the Livery Downloader.  I did this to myself once, so don't get defensive but I do recommend you at least browse the OC Manual (Click the  '?'  in the top right corner of the OC).

Dan Downs KCRP

You've got a double post mate.  How did you uninstall the liveries? If you didn't follow the OC Manual (0.00.26) by using the red Remove button, but used the Control Panel, then you created this problem.  One workaround is to redownload the livery using the Livery Downloader.  I did this to myself once, so don't get defensive but I do recommend you at least browse the OC Manual (Click the  '?'  in the top right corner of the OC).

Thank you for your fast reply!!

Yeah i saw the double post, i got a service unavailable message stating that there was something with the server so i refreshed the page. Sorry about that.

Well i did remove the liveries via the red - button in the livery manager page. when the plane released i downloaded all liveries available and now i am deleting those that are done by 3rd parties. most of them uninstalled nicely no problems.

but the EK, AA and egypt give me a hard time. 

I cant follow your suggestion of redownloading them cause on the downloader page it says that the livery of EK is already installed (which is not the case, there was a red update button (clicked it) nothing happened and then i turned green, but nothing was installed.

I looked back in my email archive for the testing and found that the problem I had was with an earlier version of the OC. Try removing EK with the OC, does OC then work correctly installing the same?  Somehow your configuration go catywampus, if all works except for one or two maybe it's time to open a trouble ticket at support.precisionmanuals.com and see what kind of advice they can offer. 

Dan Downs KCRP

I looked back in my email archive for the testing and found that the problem I had was with an earlier version of the OC. Try removing EK with the OC, does OC then work correctly installing the same?  Somehow your configuration go catywampus, if all works except for one or two maybe it's time to open a trouble ticket at support.precisionmanuals.com and see what kind of advice they can offer. 

THe problem is that when i go to the livery manager the liveries that i want to uninstall dont show up as installed there, so i cant remove the livery

Try removing the livery with the Control Panel.... hopefully, once both the Windows registry and OC agree that it is not installed, you can then go through an installation. Earlier, I thought you said OC shows the livery as installed so I am quite lost as to your problem. Sorry.

Dan Downs KCRP

Try removing the livery with the Control Panel.... hopefully, once both the Windows registry and OC agree that it is not installed, you can then go through an installation. Earlier, I thought you said OC shows the livery as installed so I am quite lost as to your problem. Sorry.

Hi,

The livery downloader page shows it as installed.

But the livery manager page does not have any record of the livery.

How do i delete the livery with the control panel if i may ask?

The problem is resolved! Thank you for your help! 

It helped to delete all the liveries from the livery manager page. and then it is possible again

It helped to delete all the liveries from the livery manager page. and then it is possible again

Great! And, thanks for posting the solution for others.  My advice regarding control panel was incorrect; the uninstall program list will only contain liveries that you installed from a livery installer not the OC.  The OC keeps track of liveries in your user\..\roaming\pmdg\pmdg operations center folders both data and the livery container. Purging the livery manager to syncronize with the livery downloader worked, I don't know why but there it is. Again, great!

Dan Downs KCRP