Sign in to follow this  
Joseph29

Your best freeware scenery candidates.

Guest Rockcliffe

I'll add a vote for my hometown boy, Paul Mainville, and his Ottawa sceneryhttp://www.vnwa.com/Noramair/But, having only recently discovered the ISD Italian airport sceneries, I am in awe of the freeware they released. Milan, Rome, Venice -- unbelievable.BlairCYOW

Ver Walter Gulfan is doing simply amazing things with his scenery for the Philippines. A real world architect - he's also a great FS modeler.He builds multipe LOD into his models !!!!His sceneries are on AVSIM - search for his last name - Gulfan

Anything by Jan Martin, especially his Jetways add-on's. Just amazing!! He does such great work, can't wait for the next release.

I would like to add the freeware Jakarta scenery made by Budi Santoso (found on flightsim)The file names are wiii.zip and wiii01.zip

Guest TWVA395

All very good selections, I personally think that KBOS is at the top. I saw that someone mentioned KJAC.... the scenery isn't accurate and IMHO not very unique. (No offense to the author).http://darkstarorder.com/sigs/Batman/SigFinal.jpgKen Weik [link:maam.org|MAAM-SIM][link:library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=root&SearchTerm=kenneth+weik&Sort=Added&ScanMode=0&Go=Change+View]My AFCADs

This is an excellent thread, thanks to the original poster, every good.I too have many of the add-on sceneries that have been mentioned and they are really good.In addition to the ones that have been posted you can get some excellent US freeware airports from Gary Widup at http://www.avsim.com/hangar/utils/gwidup/ he did a nice job on KDEN, but an even better one is by Harald Krause here at AVSIM. I worked with Harald on his Denver International Airport, since both of us live here in Denver and had lots of help with airport details from airport employees that work there.Bob

>LIRF Rome Fiumicino by ISD project is amazing and they also do>a great LIML scenery both with animated gates etc.Are the ISD sceneries FS2004 compatible? And can I get their website? I know they have been changing their website address some time ago.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2

Yup they ALL run in FS2k4...Do a search on AVSIM with "ISD"... You'll Find'em ALL !

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Guest Keyser Soze

Hello guys,I thank you very very much for mentioning some nice freeware sceneries, I put all listed into my download manager and now I'm pretty sure what I will do in the next days! :-jumpy

LIRF by ISD is amazing, as is all of their stuff. Georges KBOS is amazing. Those textures are simply stunning.Few small Aussie Airports by John Ross also need a mention - Gold Coast, Ballina, Coffs Harbour etc.Kansai, by I cannot remember the gentlemans name.Good to see you posting Darren. :) I sent you an email prior to AVV, but I guess ya didn't get it. Drop me a line if you're in Brisbane soon. Be good to catch up again! :-hah

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

Guest Boone

Edmundo - you are absolutley right BUT Madeira Islands by PTsim is payware and this is a freeware thread.Best RegardsBoone,BooneEIDW@hotmail.com"Flying a plane is no different from riding a bicycle. It's just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes."

Do a search for Heather Sherman.... She made a list of all the good freeware scenery avalible. The list is here in the library at avsim.Joe W.