Sign in to follow this  
Joseph29

Your best freeware scenery candidates.

Guest ThrottleUp

I think this topic should be stickied :)

I haven't tried them all, but many of the sceneries by Bill Melichar are excellent. St Kitts and Tahiti are my latest favorites. He has many sceneries around the Caribbean, Mexico and French Polynesia. Just search on his name and you will find pages of payware quality scenery. Also, not sure what qualifies as scenery, but FS Sky World 2004 by FSW is excellent as well. Without the many higher performance cloud options, I think I would be stuck flying in VFR only conditions :)There are so many others which have already been mentioned as well.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Guest Vilk

and if you click the freeflow link in scott's signature, you'll find some of the finest opportunities to test the water textures--the coastlines and waterways of new england freeflow is second to no scenery i know. just check out the silt around river mouths!...anyone heard that scratching sound? :-)

http://www.jg-laurent.com/en/Follow this link to what has to be the most comprehensive carribean scenery availale. Its airports, mesh, and landclass. Brings the Antiles island chains to life and its very well done.Also have to recommend the St. Malo scenery (LFRD) for Dinard France. Its one of the better freeware sceneries I have ever seen.Hornit

Guest wildfire563

Even better than the list she added to the library, is her scenery website listing hosted by Avsim (thank you Heather and Avsim).http://fly-heather.avsim.net/Thomas Perry

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the heart of Europe. We will be landing in the capitol of Slovakia small city Bratislava. :()This airport ( LZIB ) together with photoscenery of the city with old town done with custom made 3d objects really rocks. Take a chopper for joyflight and enjoy the view.Can be found at http://www.fsclub.sk/ section downloads/airports for LZIB (LZIB_2004.zip)and downloads/VFR for Bratislava city (Bratislava2004.zip)

Hongkong International by Thomas Kwong.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2

Personally the SABA island add-on is among my fav's, it's quite small but hits it right on the head and makes the diff between night and day.It's by Francesco Romeo and Rainer Labiehttp://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=33978XP Home SP2Asus P4P800-SE Intel 3.0GHZDDR 400 D/C 2x512MBGeForce FX 5700 256MB (56.72)SB AudigyMSFF2 & X45 throttleSee you in the fence...CYYZ

Curacao scenery from TCA. Airport and the whole island.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2

I agree with you Joseph. Budi Santoso's Jakarta "Soekarno-Hatta" airport is absolutely breathtaking and a gem! Too bad it isn't available on AVSIM. I think also that in real-life, the actual airport is very beautiful and colourful too, so this helps.Bill Melichar's sceneries of Oceania (Pacific Islands) and of KLAX and more recently, his Mexico City airport are also very beautiful.John

Guest greekairproject

File Description:Greek Airports Project created the International Airport of famous ZAKYNTHOS in GREECE. This work lasted in total one and a half month before arrives to you. The scenery contains the more basic buildings of the Airport as this has been shaped after the completion of the works of the new terminal construction and it consists exclusively of Gmax and 3Dmax objects, which ensures many frames in your simulator.DOWNLOAD LINKhttp://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...scen&DLID=91470