Sign in to follow this  
Mauricio Graziani

I requested a simple Activation ..waiting.. waiting...

Well.. I had an issue .. I just changed my motherboard... So.. many companies understood that I was doing another install with the same serial .

For instance..,on WIndows 8.1... I just did called to Microsoft (anytime) and I got my activation automatically...for FSX.. I just input my serial and I got by internet ..on real time.. reactivation.. for GSX Ground Services... I did this through Internet and I got the activation.. for PMDG.. using Flex.. I didn't have any problem .. for the others.. the same.. but for the Lockheed Martin (P3D v2.3) .. oh my God.. first.. You need to send an email... with your license..and wait.. wait...and..after... nothing happens.. after  I  sent another... 30 minutes after.,.. nothing.. well let me try send through the support (site)... after three hours... nothing.. What was my conclusion :How they can delivery a good product If a simple activation is done using an email (old process.. agree ?)... and the customer needs to supplicate for his rights ?  and wait..wait... Please LM ..update your controls.. You can do satellites.. this should be easier for you.

Mauricio Graziani

I just did the same thing, I just replaced my motherboard to And had to do the reactivation thing and waited for about 4 days. Keep trying you'll get it.

Minutes? Hours? The horror! Do keep in mind it's not unreasonable for it to take more than a business day.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Minutes? Hours? The horror! Do keep in mind it's not unreasonable for it to take more than a business day.

I am afraid I don't agree here with greatest of respect and not an user of P3D if as quoted other vendors can do this then I don't think it is 'unreasonable' to expect the same service electronically!

Why not let Lockheed Martin know of your frustrations? They probably don't regularly visit this forum. The worst thing you can do for a developer/company is not give them feedback on their forums, or other primary method of contact. :wink:

Brandon Filer

When I first purchased P3D I received an email with a serial no and pw. All I had to do yesterday after a complete re build was re enter said serial and pw, the activation was done online in less than 30 secs. In fact there are three choices for activation after P3D has installed.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Please LM ..update your controls.. You can do satellites.. this should be easier for you.

If you didn't report this at the LM website then they may never get knowledge about your problems. Nothing will be improved.

Spirit

There is nothing to be reported. Well, unless you want to report impatience... ^_^ If you want to reinstall P3D on another computer, you first have to deactivate it: this is simply done by uninstalling P3D. That will send a message to their servers and your install will be deactivated and your license released for installing it on another computer. This way you don't have to wait at ALL. I've done this numerous times already.

However, if you don't uninstall P3D before you want to reinstall/reactivate it, you have to mail LM and they will get back to you in a few business days. So no need for sending them mails every half hour: that won't help. Just wait.

Also... they don't do weekends.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Uh, yeah... don't change your motherboard (without releasing your software license first) Friday night and expect Lockheed to be in the office Friday night or over the weekend.

Uninstall Prepar3D first so that your license is ready for re-use.

Next time, I guess.

I just reinstalled Windows and P3D, having deinstalled p3d first, but it STILL said 'No activations left'.

On the other hand LM reactivated my license and replied friday night :-)

Cheers

Keith

thanks for yours comments

well.. I couldn't uninstall first due that my motherboard burnned.. I have no way to do this.

Also I used all channels that LM provided to request my activation.

I am frustated because a big and great company as LM is doesn't have automatic process that others companies has.

For instance I did my Windows reactivation at 1am est, early morning in five minutes by phone and automatically and put some examples above just to show that If you want. You do but If the client don't claim the thins remains the same... ever

Mauricio Graziani

Also I used all channels that LM provided to request my activation.

I am frustated because a big and great company as LM is doesn't have automatic process that others companies has.

For instance I did my Windows reactivation at 1am est, early morning in five minutes by phone and automatically and put some examples above just to show that If you want. You do but If the client don't claim the thins remains the same... ever

LM isn't a consumer retail company and P3D isn't selling P3D quite the same way MS is selling Windows for consumers. Also, P3D is hardly the main product category LM is selling and it is not aimed to home simming market, but as a part of their professional training systems which most likely include separate support contracts. And for corporate use, MS has totally different licences which pretty much get the activation every time from the installation server. That is just to show, that the world is very different for normal consumer retail.

To me it seems that some people think that P3D is just regular consumer enterntainment product, although with my experience, most of them have a lot worse support. I have used P3D since 1.3 that is before the current smooth activation scheme, reinstalled it numerous times and sent reactivation emails probably half a dozen times. Response time has been from one day to few days depending on how the weekend had matched my request. I am very happy about that and there is nothing that requires them to act any faster. Because of the nature of the company and the product, you might get faster support by making separate (and costly) support contract with LM which is common in business-to-business ICT services, if waiting of one day or few days in maximum is just too long. I'd understand the complaint if we'd be talking about full week or several weeks here.

Sorry thegrunt but since that you are selling to regular customers (P3D is not free) You need provide the same support that others companies that are providing this service in the market.
You can not use the term that is not a company for consumer enterntaiment to justify a missing support.
I am talking about the support level for a product that is in the market and you can buy anytime as normal comsumer retail.
and LM has expertise to provide a simple reactiation for his product as the others compnies do.
Anyway I don't bear anyone with my thoughs I just created this topic for a reflexion and show my frustation.
I respect all positions here. Thanks guys was very usefull hear you.

Edited by n4gix
Remove duplicated reply in post

Mauricio Graziani

I asked for a reset of my installations and it took less than 4 hrs to get an answer!!!!

--------------------------------------

Hello,

We are sorry for any inconvenience.  We have deactivated your original installation and we have reactivated your license.  You should be able to activate like normal.

If you uninstall the v2 software, before making hardware changes or before installing it on a different computer, your license will be automatically deactivate and allow you to reactivate without contacting us.

Let us know if you have any issues or need further support.

Have a wonderful day!
The Prepar3D Team 

---------------------------------------------

Is allways a good thing to follow the instructions from the vendor!   :P This has been pointed out numerous times on the LM- and other forums.

Jack

the Swede in spain