Sign in to follow this  
Bina

How can I change default Friday Harbour?

I don't want FSX to start every flight @ Friday Harbor. How can I change this behavior? Which file(s) needs to be tweaked, if any?

I'm not interested in DisablePreload=1 tweak in fsx.cfg or saving a flight loaded at preferred location - it's not what I'm after. Rather I'd like to know if it's possible to tweak default FSX behavior at all.

Thanks!

Regards,

Victor Quebec

Hi Rüstem,

I believe there's a very easy solution to that, however, you're going to have to create whatever situation you like, then once in the "save flight" menu, simply select "make this the default flight. Voila.

The next time you start your sim you won't have to select anything, the situation you just created and saved as default is now your new start situation.

Hope that's what you were looking for.

Cheers,

Pete

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

I'm not interested in DisablePreload=1 tweak in fsx.cfg or saving a flight loaded at preferred location - it's not what I'm after. Rather I'd like to know if it's possible to tweak default FSX behavior at all.

The files responsible for the Friday Harbor flight are FLTSIM.FLT and FLTSIM.WX located in the "Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Flights\other" folder. That's the flight the sim loads when no default flight is specified. As Pete says just set up a flight like you want and specify it as your default flight. That will then take precedence over FLTSIM.FLT when you start the sim.

Be careful if you have PMDG planes, I think it may be an issue, could be wrong.

That is correct. Add-on aircraft of any type can have issues because of a change in default location. I recommend not changing it unless you use default aircraft.

As long  as you load  a stock Cessna  than it doesn't matter  where you start from, as long its not  a pmdg  aircraft

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

What the heck is up with the bold font, lol? Wonder if this will stop that? --> [/b]

I changed my default flight 2 years ago and the T7 loads just fine for me, don't have the NGX. My default flight always loads a default aircraft though, you may have problems if you tried to save a default flight with a complex airliner where some weird lvars were set or something.

What the heck is up with the bold font, lol? Wonder if this will stop that? --> [/b]

Lol yea just noticed this for the first time, maybe its  the new look :lol: pressing  the bold icon doesn't  work either lol

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Sorry for NOT using bold type!  Bina (Topic Poster) Disregard the Friday Harbor "Starting

Position"  You can choose any aircraft and start any flight from where you want to.  The

ONLY time Friday Harbor comes into play is if you hit FLY NOW without choosing another

starting location.  Keep in mind if you don't create your own default flight, no matter what aircraft

and where you start your flight, your engines and systems are running.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool: