Sign in to follow this  
cat

Come on!

Come someone!!! Is FSX working well with Windows 10!!!!

Peter  Sydney  Australia

In fact there IS some sort of preview Windows 10 that can be downloaded.

For FSX working with it well I would not hold my breath...

Actually a user on the ORBX forums has tried FSX with Windows 10. Things seem rather positive considering it's a preview release.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/85441-windows-10-is-in-the-pipeline-and-looks-like-a-bright-future-for-flight-simmers/

Lian Li PC-P60B | Corsair HX620 | GA-Z370XP-SLI | i5 8600K | Noctua NH-D15 | GTX1080 8GB | 48GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 1TB | WD 1TB | Dell U3419W 34" | CH Yoke & Pedals | Track IR4 | Win10 64 | MSFS

What happened to Windows 9?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

7 8 9 so we moved on to 10!

Didn't they teach you that 8 is followed by 10? :P 

I think the real reason they call it Win10 instead of Win9 is that they want to show how much of a leap forward the new OS is (for MS, at least).

I think the real reason they call it Win10 instead of Win9 is that they want to show how much of a leap forward the new OS is (for MS, at least).

I believe this has something to do with Windows 9 being incorrectly interpreted as Windows 95/98. A lot of programs use the code: if(version.StartsWith("Windows 9")) { /* 95 and 98 */ } else {

Aamir Thacker

Actually a user on the ORBX forums has tried FSX with Windows 10. Things seem rather positive considering it's a preview release.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/85441-windows-10-is-in-the-pipeline-and-looks-like-a-bright-future-for-flight-simmers/

Needs an account to be viewed.

(In before: "But who doesn't have an ORBX account fantastic products blah, blah, yadda, yadda...")

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

7 8 9 so we moved on to 10!

6 is so terrified of 7...

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

MS suits finally got it through their microcephalic organic processors that folks were not impressed with 8 or 8.1, and the previously announced plans for 9 weren't making much of a positive change in attitudes and acceptance either.

Hence they decided to simply skip 9 entirely and focus all efforts on 10 instead.

Anyone who wishes to check out Win10 can do so for free here:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "Hangar Chat". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.