Sign in to follow this  
phoenixphire

Autogen Objects in FSX Water

I have a perplexing problem and I am wondering if anyone has every had this issue and knows how to resolve it. I have autogen objects (trees and buildings) in all of my water. I have several ORBX regions and UTX which I have uninstalled and reinstalled and the problem still persists. I don't know if I have corrupted my scenery library somehow. I have tried lowering the priority as well and it has not work nothing short of turning autogen off helps. I use AES which needs autogen set to sparse to display properly.  If anyone can help that would be appreciated.

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

No views and no reply. Seems as this is a unique problem. 

I also use UTX USA & Europe along with ORBX regions (AU, NZ, EU, and NA) and also FTX Vector and Global - I have not had this problem (at least, not that I've noticed).

I am NOT an expert, but I use the Scenery Config tool to manage my sceneries - my custom airports are at top (priority wise), followed by the ORBX regions, then FTX Vector, FTX Global, UTX areas, and last are the default areas.

Good luck - I hope you find the issue.

I also use UTX USA & Europe along with ORBX regions (AU, NZ, EU, and NA) and also FTX Vector and Global - I have not had this problem (at least, not that I've noticed).

I am NOT an expert, but I use the Scenery Config tool to manage my sceneries - my custom airports are at top (priority wise), followed by the ORBX regions, then FTX Vector, FTX Global, UTX areas, and last are the default areas.

Good luck - I hope you find the issue.

Thanks for the help. I use this tool as well I have reordered all my scenery as well and have the same config as you. i have also deactivated all scenery and the problem persists. I might be looking at a reinstall.

Mike Keigley

Hi,

Just saw your post.  I know what's causing the problem but don't know the correct way to fix it.  If you restore the "terrain.cfg" file in the main FSX folder to the original, the problem will disappear.  If you then run FTX central it will add entries to it automatically, and the problem will be back.  I haven't looked into finding the correct solution.

Jim F.

Hi,

Just saw your post.  I know what's causing the problem but don't know the correct way to fix it.  If you restore the "terrain.cfg" file in the main FSX folder to the original the problem will disappear.  If you then run FTX central it will add entries to it automatically, and the problem will be back.  I haven't looked into finding the correct solution.

Jim F.

I will look into it. I am glad to have some guidance. Thanks you. I have never had this problem before. Thank you. I should also ask what is the procedure for restoring a terrain CFG. I know that the FSX.Cfg will rebuild but the not the terrain.

Mike Keigley

Hi,

I found several backed up copies in the main folder.  I zipped what I believe to be the original and uploaded it to box.  Here's the link if you can't find a backup copy:

https://app.box.com/s/yofbsxgchh8ompt8mppf

Jim F.

This is one of the reasons I LOVE these forums! For most any problem someone may have, there is someone who takes the time to be helpful. This is very refreshing after having watched the news and given up on humanity <g>

Yes I am very thankful for the forums and the the help. I was almost ready to reinstall. That is such an arduous process and I am glad I was able to solve it thanks to Jim's help. I thought maybe the whole scenery had been corrupted for good. 

Mike Keigley

Yes I am very thankful for the forums and the the help. I was almost ready to reinstall. That is such an arduous process and I am glad I was able to solve it thanks to Jim's help. I thought maybe the whole scenery had been corrupted for good.

Just curious but what changes did you make to your sim when it got all screwed up? Did you install or remove a scenery, update anything, or make any other changes that caused this, or was it just working and looking fine one day then was suddenly screwed up the next time you fired it up?

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Just curious but what changes did you make to your sim when it got all screwed up? Did you install or remove a scenery, update anything, or make any other changes that caused this, or was it just working and looking fine one day then was suddenly screwed up the next time you fired it up?

I believe it was caused by UTX. I reinstalled the original terrain.cfg and I reset the settings to default in the UTX setup options. 

Mike Keigley