Sign in to follow this  
maxreds

Going to Get a New PC...Need Suggestions

Hi all,

This is my first post on avsim. I've been flying on FSX for 4-5 years now, but only seriously got into it within the last few months (payware addons, vatsim, virtual airlines, etc.) I decided I couldn't stand getting at most 10-14 fps on my current computer, so I am looking to upgrade to a much better computer. I am not going to build one, so that is out of the question. I'm looking in the $1000-$1300 range, and I hope to get at least 30-35+ fps or so out of it, and for it to be able to run high FSX addon sceneries and aircraft such as FSDT KJFK, flytampa KBOS, Flightbeam KSFO, Aerosoft, PMDG 777, Majestic q400 etc at at least 20-25 fps if possible. (I'm not really sure if that's possible with only $1300 but whatever) Also Activesky next. (I can't get above 10 fps running with my computer w/ activesky currently) Below I will list what I have found so far. Any suggestions based on the below list or new suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

So far I have found the following two (please if you have any more suggestions in the price range let me know! I'm looking to get the best PC with max $1300:

iBuyPower NE777D3 Desktop PC Intel Core i7 4790 (3.6GHz) 16GB DDR3 1TB HDD Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227576

Dell XPS 8700

http://www.microcenter.com/product/432949/XPS_8700_Desktop_Computer

Thank,

Max

Hi all,

This is my first post on avsim. I've been flying on FSX for 4-5 years now, but only seriously got into it within the last few months (payware addons, vatsim, virtual airlines, etc.) I decided I couldn't stand getting at most 10-14 fps on my current computer, so I am looking to upgrade to a much better computer. I am not going to build one, so that is out of the question. I'm looking in the $1000-$1300 range, and I hope to get at least 30-35+ fps or so out of it, and for it to be able to run high FSX addon sceneries and aircraft such as FSDT KJFK, flytampa KBOS, Flightbeam KSFO, Aerosoft, PMDG 777, Majestic q400 etc at at least 20-25 fps if possible. (I'm not really sure if that's possible with only $1300 but whatever) Also Activesky next. (I can't get above 10 fps running with my computer w/ activesky currently) Below I will list what I have found so far. Any suggestions based on the below list or new suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

So far I have found the following two (please if you have any more suggestions in the price range let me know! I'm looking to get the best PC with max $1300:

iBuyPower NE777D3 Desktop PC Intel Core i7 4790 (3.6GHz) 16GB DDR3 1TB HDD Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227576

Dell XPS 8700

http://www.microcenter.com/product/432949/XPS_8700_Desktop_Computer

Thank,

Max

Max if I were you I'd build my own system with a i7-4790k (Overclockable) and a GTX970. If you build your own rig it'll be cheaper and you can usually get better parts.

I get 30-40 FPS is the 777 at payware airports even during bad weather with my set up.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.