Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Fix list after SP1

I've only had a day or so to examine SP1, but a number of the initial problems have indeed been addressed.

The rudder pedal animation is fixed, the Strobe indicator light bulb has been replaced, the standby altimeter works, most of my autopilot mods have been incorporated (you can operate the autopilot in FD mode, for example).  The transponder timer works. etc

I'll provide a new version of my mods that address some of the remaining problems, but please add your own findings to this thread, so we know what still needs work.

Things I have noticed:

- Altitude pre-selector makes a doubled clicking sound in the VC

- IAS rocker switch operates backwards

- Transponder timer gets messed up when crossing a time zone boundary

- EHSI still does not indicate properly on the RXP GNS test page

- ADF clickspots are un-findable

- Clickspot placement on the KAS297 is not consistent between VC and popup

all of these have been addressed in my upcoming mods.

Bert

I'm glad you were able to check all the so called fixes in SP1 I never even loaded it, between you and 

Nick I have a Dang near perfect PC-12. 

I will wait for your updated Mods so Please let me know when there Available.

Send me a PM with your email address if you would like to test them..

Bert

How's the RXP integration with the 600?  Anything still busted?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

There still is no CAWS light when the "Inert Sep"  is on or the deicing gear besides the boots.

How's the RXP integration with the 600?  Anything still busted?

Are you thinking of the Seneca?

Bert

Are you thinking of the Seneca?

Bert

I'm mixing my airplanes, aren't I?  Well, how about the second question then?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

I'm mixing my airplanes, aren't I?  Well, how about the second question then?

Suggest you read the first post, above, for an initial answer.. and stay tuned for more observations.

Even better, buy the plane, and add your own B)

Bert

With the mods and service pack the pc-12 is close to bug free. Some missing things I have noticed, could be user error on my part I am not a pc-12 pilot, Inertial Separator open does not give a message on the annunciator panel, no working environment systems, can these be added? A bug I noticed is using a mouse button to center the course or heading knobs causes them to be locked into 10 degree at a time turns after that. Need to restart fsx before I can move the course and heading knobs in single digits again. Decision height sound file plays twice, I tried replacing some sounds from the Flight1 PC-12 and the decision height wave file repeated itself. The FUEL RESET switch does not reset the fuel used counter anymore.

I'm having difficulty understanding the Avionics switches (AV1 and AV2).

The VC avionics seem to be linked to AV2,  but the popup EADI/EHSI stay on, unless both AV switches are in the off position.

Bert

Decision height sound file plays twice

This is from the STEC 360 Altitude Selector manual...

Suppose that the aircraft is descending, and an alert about the actual decision
height of 1160 FT is desired. Enter a selected decision height of 1200 FT (1.2 on
display), which is the nearest 100 FT setting above the actual decision height,
and make it operational. Once the aircraft arrives at 1250 FT, a two-tone audible
alert will sound and the DH annunciation will flash for 3 seconds. This will occur
again once the aircraft arrives at 1150 FT.

Suppose that the aircraft is climbing, and an alert about the actual decision
height of 1160 FT is desired. Enter a selected decision height of 1200 FT (1.2 on
display), which is the nearest 100 FT setting above the actual decision height,
and make it operational. Once the aircraft reaches 1150 FT, a two-tone audible
alert will sound and the DH annunciation will flash for 3 seconds. This will occur
again once the aircraft arrives at 1250 FT.

Gregg Seipp

On the EADI, when descending through the DH, the DH caption should flash for 10 seconds then remain on steadily until the DH is set to off or the aircraft AGL height becomes higher than the DH. The EFIS symbol generator receives AGL height from the radar altimeter transceiver and sends the DH signal to the warning tone generator, where the 300 to 3000 Hz "rising tone" (e.g. "Whoop") is played once. Some configurations, depending on EGPWS and radar altitude boxes, have "minimums-minimums" instead. So, I agree, I would expect to hear the DH whoop only once.

(Source from a combination of the PC-12 AMM and my hands-on experience)

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

On the EADI, when descending through the DH, the DH caption should flash for 10 seconds then remain on steadily until the DH is set to off or the aircraft AGL height becomes higher than the DH. The EFIS symbol generator receives AGL height from the radar altimeter transceiver and sends the DH signal to the warning tone generator, where the 300 to 3000 Hz "rising tone" (e.g. "Whoop") is played once. Some configurations, depending on EGPWS and radar altitude boxes, have "minimums-minimums" instead. So, I agree, I would expect to hear the DH whoop only once.

(Source from a combination of the PC-12 AMM and my hands-on experience)

Better experience than me.  Figures that they got it the way it's supposed to be for the Malibu in this airplane but didn't put it in the Malibu.   :huh:  *Heavy sigh.* 

Gregg Seipp

I'm having difficulty understanding the Avionics switches (AV1 and AV2).

The VC avionics seem to be linked to AV2,  but the popup EADI/EHSI stay on, unless both AV switches are in the off position.

OK, this is a bug.  The avionics should work with either AV1 or AV2 on.

I've sent Carenado a suggested fix..

Bert