Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Fix list after SP1

It's a great plane. Fast, can carry allot.. really slow take off and landing speeds.. easy to fly. The Swiss really hit this one out of the park, and Carenado did a great job with the sim version.

Its a favorite in real life too for me.

C.

Parking Brake Creeping

Was this issue fixed/resolved? I've searched the forums and found it mentioned on a list of bugs with no fix mentioned.  I do not have a problem with other turbo props, i.e., Carenado?PMDG B190 or the stock Beech KingAir. My levers are in the proper position. I should not be moving.

I did alter the CFG file giving "Parking Brake" a value of 2.0 (changed from 1.0). I got a warning with parking brake on, "Ground Restraint. . ." And my aircraft was still creeping.  I will leave the adjusting of CFG files to the experts in this forum.

Chris

cweiss, are you talking about creeping from start up? If you use a cold and dark and start up following normal procedures you shouldn't experience overtorque.

Yes, creeping at start up.  I do start from cold/dark. I will re-check my start up normal procedures and the over-torque I am experiencing. Thank you autogyro.

Yes, creeping at start up. I do start from cold/dark. I will re-check my start up normal procedures and the over-torque I am experiencing. Thank you autogyro.

Remember to also keep your condition lever to ground idle at start up.

I will keep the condition lever to ground idle. Usually it is between ground idle and shut-down - because I was trying to see if that had anything to do with the creeping. I've gone back to looking at my throttle setup. I won't post for help here on this, but thank you for the help.

I will keep the condition lever to ground idle. Usually it is between ground idle and shut-down - because I was trying to see if that had anything to do with the creeping. I've gone back to looking at my throttle setup. I won't post for help here on this, but thank you for the help.

I had the same problems during engine startup with the parking brake engaged. If you go through the checklist, it says "apply maximum brake pressure" during engine startup, which I did by simply pressing the "normal" brakes, and it keeps the plane stationary. I have no idea if this behavior is realistic, though.  :rolleyes:

I had the same problems during engine startup with the parking brake engaged. If you go through the checklist, it says "apply maximum brake pressure" during engine startup, which I did by simply pressing the "normal" brakes, and it keeps the plane stationary. I have no idea if this behavior is realistic, though.  :rolleyes:

In the real aircraft some torque is produced during start up, but certainly not enough to move the aircraft with the parking brake on.    I think this is a problem with FSX/P3D's default turboprop 'engine' though - far too much torque is produced during start up.

Pressing the default key command "F1" (power to idle) a few times during the start up can also help a little, by ensuring that FSX/P3D's power setting is definitely at idle - regardless of what your hardware throttle axis may indicate.

I'm gonna tackle the creeping issue another way, by fixing engine spool. Hopefully something this weekend on it.

I'm gonna tackle the creeping issue another way, by fixing engine spool. Hopefully something this weekend on it.

Sounds great!

Had a check but unfortunately Table 1505 which controls engine spool doesn't seem to apply to turboprops I don't think. In light of this there's only one other way to change engine spool.

If you guys don't mind slightly slower throttle response during flight, please look into your aircraft.cfg file for something called fuel_flow_gain. Make the value something like 80% of the current value. That'll make it spool slower including at start up.

Thank you for all your work Autogyro... it cant be said enough.

Thank you for all your work Autogyro... it cant be said enough.

+1   ...... well said.  B)