Sign in to follow this  
Domini99

Just Flight/Commercial Level Simulation 747-200, how realistic?

I tried it, it feels really fake.
Im doing loopy loops and barrel rolls all the time, climbing with 6000fpm with 80% throttle, when i pull back on the pitch trim, it starts to backflip uncontrollably,

Now in the cockpit:

The engine gauges, i've never seen such engine gauges in a 747, i always remembered them to be round, not like this:

image003.jpg

The Flight Engineer panel is not even there, just some blurry texture.
the 2d Flight Engineer panel doesn't look like a real one at all....

Now how realistic is it? Not at all i think... is it?

Does anybody know a realistic non glass-cockpit 747, or another realistic plane with old school gauges?

Im dissapointed with this piece of garbarage.

The engine tapes are realistic TWA was the first to use such a configuration at their 747-131.

Yeah? Oh never knew that.

Learned something new today :)

Now what about flying 700 knots at 5000 feet with engines at 50% throttle?

Lol it's not really realistic i think.

The engines on this plane are like downscaled space shuttles, this plane takes off like a cessna and climbs like an f16, wonderful technology  :P

I've said that tapes are realistic, not the whole aircraft  :P

Sometime ago, one guy at this forum accused me for snobbery, but I would never consider this addon worth of buying. 

I've said that tapes are realistic, not the whole aircraft  :P

Sometime ago, one guy at this forum accused me for snobbery, but I would never consider this addon worth of buying. 

hahahaha, i'd love to fly an older non-glass jet in fsx, i'll keep looking.

PMDG 747 is really nice... but i don't really like the glass cockpit, i have something against glass cockpit...

I don't think im going to find any nice classis 747, am i? :(

Just Flight... ouch.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

"Ready for pushback 747" was the only good classic 747 I'm aware of, but it's heavily outdated by now.

They should make a classic 747 again for FSX.

I really want one.

Captain Sim made a nice 707, but the INS doesn't work properly, which breaks it for me :(

Anybody knows a plane that has functioning INS?

Just Flight... ouch.

It's not a case of "Just Flight.... ouch", it's a case of "CLS..... ouch" :wink:

Just Flight are primarily a publisher and some of their products are ok (although I agree some fall far short).     But all CLS offerings (IMHO) are a case of "... ouch".

Especially this so-called "V2" 742.......

They should make a classic 747 again for FSX.

I really want one.

Captain Sim made a nice 707, but the INS doesn't work properly, which breaks it for me :(

Anybody knows a plane that has functioning INS?

The INS in the VC doesn't work. You have to download a free panel. I just got the 707 and downloaded the INS. It's AWESOME  :BigGrin:

To be fair Justflight FLite/CLS products are aimed at casual simmers who basically just want a pretty model to fly and usually aren't too worried about whether all the systems are modeled or if it the flight dynamics are what you'd expect from a 747. I personally wouldn't go anywhere near it. I was burned by the Justflight L1011 when It came out being a non CLS product with a higher pricing point I was expecting it to be a step above. 

For the Captainsim 707 you can get a working INS 2D pop up for free at http://www.simufly.com/ins/ Works with most aircraft.

M7q1KK.png

^ Thats my Captainsim 707 with a three unit INS set up.

Older aircraft worth a look are.

A2A Boeing 377 Stratocruiser: From an era of the big radials It's a delight to fly a little to tricky to navigate (no DME) but once you've flown it a few times it's nowhere near as daunting as it first appears.

Aerosoft/Simcheck A300: Has an INS out of the box VC is a little dated but otherwise a good addition 

Captainsim 707: Once you have the Simufly INS it's an excellent product easily Captainsim's best add on

Captainsim 727: Pretty good but you need to get the user FDE update from their forums.

Flight1/Coolsky DC-9: I know it's a shorthauler but the VC and FDE are superb.

Flightsimlabs Concorde X: Well because it's Concorde it also has an INS system out of the box and a Virtual FE who is a tremendous help managing the systems. Beware it's NOT a set and forget aircraft and it has a very steep learning curve. Mine has been stored in the hanger for a while because I simply don't have time to fly it. But I did do two atlantic crossings with my quickest being EGLL > KJFK in 03:17.  

I picked it up at half price (it's not worth more), knowing what I was getting. It's probably the least worst 742 around, which speaks volumes for the lack of options... Most of my flights are going to be viewed from the outside, with the AP slaved to the default flight plan (apart from the T/O & landing, of course). The external model is quite pretty, although TSS will be getting some more of my money to fix the horrendous sound. Plenty of other stuff in the hanger if I want a 'serious' flight.

Older aircraft worth a look are.

I'm not an airbus fan, the the a300 looks awesome!

the DC-9 looks amazing! Although it's gonna take me a while to figure how to navigate that thing. I don't know anything else than INS and FMC :S

Thanks for the tips, i'll make sure i'll check them out :)

Haven't flown mine for some time, but it does have many good features.  The INS is complex and well modelled. An upgrade with higher resolution textures (which improves the engineer's panel I believe, among other areas) has recently been released. 

The Ready for Pushback 747 was an amazing product but it does not work in FSX and the graphics were rather low resolution.  A higher resolution version was withdrawn before it hit the open market.  As you probably know, the original product is now freeware (complete with the option of tape gauges on some engines!)

I am not aware of a better 747-200 for FSX at present.  That's not to say I wouldn't like one :)

Oh, and I have to say I have always found JustFlight to be a very good and helpful company to deal with.

Bryn

The DC-9 is fantastic. {broken record} IMO, the most under-rated FSX add on {broken record off}. The other (short hauler) that might be worth a look is the Quality Wings 146. You get the RJ with the fancy nav systems, but the 146-100 has no FMC, and has plenty of dials to look at.