Sign in to follow this  
Domini99

Just Flight/Commercial Level Simulation 747-200, how realistic?

It's not a case of "Just Flight.... ouch", it's a case of "CLS..... ouch" :wink:

Just Flight are primarily a publisher and some of their products are ok (although I agree some fall far short).     But all CLS offerings (IMHO) are a case of "... ouch".

Especially this so-called "V2" 742.......

Yeah, i guess that's what i meant. The 747 model is outstanding, but once you step into the cockpit or try to fly it... all the awesomeness is gone :(

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I got some money on my card, so after some research i got myself the airbus a300, and....
It's freaking awesome! The INS is a lot of fun to use, im having a lot of fun with it  :lol:

The dc9 might be my next, but i need to watch my pennies right now  <_<

This aircraft is on special offer this weekend over at Just Flight.  About £10 for the aircraft complete or £5 for the high definition textures if you already have the existing version.

It may not be PMDG but it is the best 747-200 available for FSX at present.

Just enjoy it, and ignore the imperfections!  After all, this is supposed to be fun :)

Bryn

To be fair Justflight FLite/CLS products are aimed at casual simmers who basically just want a pretty model to fly and usually aren't too worried about whether all the systems are modeled or if it the flight dynamics are what you'd expect from a 747. I personally wouldn't go anywhere near it. I was burned by the Justflight L1011 when It came out being a non CLS product with a higher pricing point I was expecting it to be a step above. 

For the Captainsim 707 you can get a working INS 2D pop up for free at http://www.simufly.com/ins/ Works with most aircraft.

M7q1KK.png

^ Thats my Captainsim 707 with a three unit INS set up.

Older aircraft worth a look are.

A2A Boeing 377 Stratocruiser: From an era of the big radials It's a delight to fly a little to tricky to navigate (no DME) but once you've flown it a few times it's nowhere near as daunting as it first appears.

Aerosoft/Simcheck A300: Has an INS out of the box VC is a little dated but otherwise a good addition 

Captainsim 707: Once you have the Simufly INS it's an excellent product easily Captainsim's best add on

Captainsim 727: Pretty good but you need to get the user FDE update from their forums.

Flight1/Coolsky DC-9: I know it's a shorthauler but the VC and FDE are superb.

Flightsimlabs Concorde X: Well because it's Concorde it also has an INS system out of the box and a Virtual FE who is a tremendous help managing the systems. Beware it's NOT a set and forget aircraft and it has a very steep learning curve. Mine has been stored in the hanger for a while because I simply don't have time to fly it. But I did do two atlantic crossings with my quickest being EGLL > KJFK in 03:17.  

Also, if you're looking for a performance a/c. Then try David Maltby's VC10. For which there's a super new cockpit coming soon on avsim.

Also, if you're looking for a performance a/c. Then try David Maltby's VC10. For which there's a super new cockpit coming soon on avsim.

Looks awesome, i'll be keeping my eye out. But will it work in FSX? As far as i can find it's only for FS9, i don't have FS9.

I can't seem to get the DC-9 here, i'll have to find a workaround.

hahahaha, i'd love to fly an older non-glass jet in fsx, i'll keep looking.
PMDG 747 is really nice... but i don't really like the glass cockpit, i have something against glass cockpit...

Another one to consider if you want a older non-glass jet to fly in FSX is the Milviz Boeing 737-200. This is an absolutely excellent reproduction of a classic round gauge airliner with great systems replication and which is a pleasure to fly. It is often on sale at a reduced price if you keep a look out for it but it is worth the full price and I can recommend this one most highly!

Bill

Looks awesome, i'll be keeping my eye out. But will it work in FSX? As far as i can find it's only for FS9, i don't have FS9.

I can't seem to get the DC-9 here, i'll have to find a workaround.

As far as I'm aware it does. I believe DM also put out some minor fixes for his model as regards FSX so you might find those on his site. I'm in the middle of writing up the Operations and Technical manuel. Once done I'll put the whole lot onto Avsim. It'll be a big one even without the model which you'll have to download from Dm's site.

I would post a couple of images but Avsim only allows images from off-site servers.

Another one to consider if you want a older non-glass jet to fly in FSX is the Milviz Boeing 737-200. This is an absolutely excellent reproduction of a classic round gauge airliner with great systems replication and which is a pleasure to fly. It is often on sale at a reduced price if you keep a look out for it but it is worth the full price and I can recommend this one most highly!

Bill

Awesome!

As far as I'm aware it does. I believe DM also put out some minor fixes for his model as regards FSX so you might find those on his site. I'm in the middle of writing up the Operations and Technical manuel. Once done I'll put the whole lot onto Avsim. It'll be a big one even without the model which you'll have to download from Dm's site.

I would post a couple of images but Avsim only allows images from off-site servers.

Thanks, id love tot hear from this aircraft :)

Awesome!

Thanks, id love tot hear from this aircraft :)

Keep an eye out on the FS9 forum and/or What's new in the Library

Keep an eye out on the FS9 forum and/or What's new in the Library

Will do, in the meanwhile i'll try to learn my PMDG Md-11.

I can do everything with the 747's FMC, but the Md-11 is a world of difference  :blink:

Haven't flown mine for some time, but it does have many good features.  The INS is complex and well modelled. An upgrade with higher resolution textures (which improves the engineer's panel I believe, among other areas) has recently been released. 

The Ready for Pushback 747 was an amazing product but it does not work in FSX and the graphics were rather low resolution.  A higher resolution version was withdrawn before it hit the open market.  As you probably know, the original product is now freeware (complete with the option of tape gauges on some engines!)

I am not aware of a better 747-200 for FSX at present.  That's not to say I wouldn't like one :)

Oh, and I have to say I have always found JustFlight to be a very good and helpful company to deal with.

Bryn

It is?  I got the JF 742 and there is no INS, just a sticker in the center console.  I am pulling my hair out trying to figure out how to "activate" the INS option.

pmdg_j41_banner.jpg

The future has spoken.

Old thread...I'm looking for an old 747 and I find it a crime we still don't have a study level steam gauge 747.

Maybe FS2020 will get one and we all could look forward to that.

1 hour ago, VeryBumpy said:

Old thread...I'm looking for an old 747 and I find it a crime we still don't have a study level steam gauge 747.

Maybe FS2020 will get one and we all could look forward to that.

Felis 742 on XP11/12 is as great as it could get.

Or wait for JustFlight's 742 for P3D and possibly for MSFS, It's been in development for years, and seems will came out.... tomorrow or more years later........