Sign in to follow this  
Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Suddendly my A319 runs out of control...

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Please help!!!it happens every time i fly my iFDG A319 (with PSS panel merge).While climbing using AP-ATHR suddendly the plane bank to the right and loses power and altitude.If i do not want to crash i have to disengage AP and fly by hands.There's something i do not understand... see above shot. Can anyone please help?Thanks a lotLuigi ;-)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/112664.jpg

Prior to take off are you engaging the thrust levers on the center pedestal to TO/GA only using the plus button on the right hand side of your keyboard. This engages the pedestal throttle. You'll get a orange comment line on the panel when engaged properly. Don't use the manual throttle to take off. After take off, then click on AP1 for full auto pilot. Also, you might consider using the equivalent PSS airfile rather than the iFDG airfile. I find they work better with the panel.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

There's clearly something very wrong going on. Both the outside view and the standby ADI agree that you're in a level attitude, while the PFD says you're in an extreme nose-high attitude and a right bank (which is also inconsistent with the power setting and a slight descent indicating on the VVI). I'm thinking something must be corrupted in one of the gauge files...I recommend downloading new PSS installers and re-installing the add-on.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

For what it might be worth while you may be replacing, repeating, or upgrading anything:There are relatively new updates in the library for the IFDG birds, last month's version if I remember correctly. There are new aircraft.cfg and airfiles for the A319.Good luck:RTH

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Thank you very much for posting here.At the moment i'm trying a PSS/IFDG MERGED FILE found in file library here (pss_ifdg_panel_merge.zip) coupled with last iFDG model (v1.4). Let's cross fingers...cheersLuigi ;-)

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Hi Lee,what you suggest is exactly what i did; but the problem raises when i'm on cruise at FL270.This afternoon tried same flight with same merge aircraft (AZ A319) and had same error again. This time i'm using last iFDG model (v1.4) together with that merge file i downloaded from AVSim library (aircraft.cfg and .air file). This is the second unsuccessful attempt at merging PSS-iFDG. Next step willbe same flight but with an original PSS A319 for troubleshooting PSS gauge.ThanksLuigi ;-)

Guest bjjones

The A318/A319/A321 as standard, don't need any work to merge them with the PSS panel other than copying across the sound and panel configuration files, the A320 is the odd one out, and the only one that as such needs 'merging' and thats because it was made by a 3rd party and not ourselves.On A318/A319/A321 you shouldn't modify either the AIR file of the CFG file... it's not needed.

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Hi Ben,so you think i should simply update iFDG model (v1.4)?Third time now with merge files! Had my last flight replacing Ed's panel i was using with default PSS but again! same panel error as in picture in my first post. Do you think i should re-download/install entire PSS package? I'M DESPERATE!!!!! Cannot complete any Airbus flight :-(thank youLuigi ;-)

Guest bjjones

update the model, put our Air files and config files back as they were when you downloaded them and simply copy across the panel and sound config files,If then you still have the problem, then it's down to the PSS panel itself, which if it's the case a full install may be the only thing to do

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Hi Ben,should i upgrade (LIGHTS) and (CONTACT POINTS) sections in default aircraft.cfg? and copy new effect files? Or not at all?Thanks a lotLuigi ;-)

Luigi,The reason your descending is because your 'VS' is set to minus instead of 'Plus'!!It should be showing a +1800 on takeoff. So you need to adjust this before you start your 'take-off' roll.Right, should I do another quick lap of the old Nurburgring circuit with 'GT4' or go flying?Dave T.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest bjjones

redownload the aircraft and start a fresh.Then apply the 1.4 and all it's necessary changes as detailed in the ReadMe.Test it in it's updated form with DEFAULT panels and ensure it's all working.Then copy across the PSS panel/sound files and test again.If it works before the panel being applied and not afterwards, then again, I'd suggest reinstalling the PSS and ensuring thats all updated.

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Hi Ben,my last attempt using default (July 2004) A319 coupled with default PSS (plus mouse flickering FIX) ended this way :-(Do you think it's time to reinstall PSS A320 package?There's anything else i can try before?ThanksLuigi ;-)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/113114.jpg

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Hi again,finally i completed my first A319 flight after PSS Airbus PRO package reinstalled and using default aircraft with default panelWhat you see is the short final rwy 25 over Rome and VaticanNext step will be retry same flight using default iFDG A319 with default PSS panel.Take careLuigi ;-)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/113131.jpg