Sign in to follow this  
stratfordman10

Strange Water Colour Textures

For some reason I am currently experiencing very light blue inland water and sea colour textures which look very unreal,they should be much darker.

I have my water setting within FSX on Low x2 and I am using REX 4 textures and also have Orbyx Global and Base installed which also included the FTX products for the whole of the UK.

I did install FS Water configurator but because of these strange colours I uninstalled it..

I would appreciate any help/guidance or observations please.

Many thanks in advance.

Michael

Michael Broom

For some reason I am currently experiencing very light blue inland water and sea colour textures which look very unreal,they should be much darker.

I have my water setting within FSX on Low x2 and I am using REX 4 textures and also have Orbyx Global and Base installed which also included the FTX products for the whole of the UK.

I did install FS Water configurator but because of these strange colours I uninstalled it..

I would appreciate any help/guidance or observations please.

Many thanks in advance.

Michael

I had experienced that once and it turned out that I had changed the resolution settings in REX to where there were conflicts. I will try to find the post to see exactly what it was.

I may be wrong about this, but I believe that the full fat FTX regions (e.g. UK) use their own water textures, which I have always found to be too blue and unrealistic.Might be worth disabling the UK scenery and see if the blue water goes away.

FTXG does not change water textures. You can set those up for yourself using other products (e.g. REX) in the usual way.

Many thanks for your replies and your help.

I have just changed my water textures in REX 4 to Default Dark and I think that has made a difference.

I shall persue it further and if there is still an issue I will come back.

Michael

Michael Broom