Hey guys,

So I'm reading up on the GTX980 and checking reviews and benchmarks. Clearly in the benches for the modern games the 980 pushes way ahead of the older 670. I have an EVGA GTX670 with 4gb of ram. I'm wonder how much of a difference I would see in FSX if I upgraded to a GTX980. Anyone with with real world experience doing this? My Mobo is an Asus P8P67 Pro, CPU is an I7 2700k @ 4.8ghz, and my ram is 8gb of Corsair Vengence 9-9-9-25. I don't have much interest in P3Dv2 at this point, though that will probably change in the future.

Thanks for your input,

Chris Strobel

Irvine, CA

www.flightdeck1.com

Chris Strobel KSNA

original.jpg

Save your money.

Change your GPU only when you decide to purchase P3D &/or Xplane.

Ok that's kinda what I thought. From doing preliminary research FSX is CPU bound, P3D GPU bound. So for FSX alone, the price to performance ratio going from a 670 to 980 would not be worth it another words as you say. I appreciate the confirmation.

Chris

Chris Strobel KSNA

original.jpg

for FSX it might not be true, the 980 runs on higher MHz Core GPU then previous versions that were putting more of their effort in CUDA cores.

Since FSX is old technology, you might find it that the Extra MHz actually is much better then you thought for FSX.

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

Ok that's kinda what I thought. From doing preliminary research FSX is CPU bound, P3D GPU bound. So for FSX alone, the price to performance ratio going from a 670 to 980 would not be worth it another words as you say. I appreciate the confirmation.

Chris

Run DSR mode on your 670 for either P3D or FSX, and you won't bother upgrading...especially that you already have 4 GB's...try it and find out why I am saying this.....