Sign in to follow this  
Guest Divergent Phugoid

Strange Airspeed bug -->Help

Guest Ben_Alfoldi

Hi,Lately I have been experiencing a strange bug when doing flights in FS9.When Im using a freeware panel, and model (anything really) after takeoff when I reach about 3000-4000ft using autopilot-autothrottle, the autopilot starts giving the plane full thrust, If i look at the airspeed indicator on the panel, it shows my current airspeed (or on some panels it shows 0.0kts) but if i press shift+z on top of the screen it displays an airspeed of 0.0ktsYesterday i tried descending, and right before i touched the ground the airspeed indicator on the top of the screen started working again, but after reaching about 7000ft it just dropped to 0.0kts altought the plane did not lose any speed.This happened to me on all of my recent attempts to fly a flight, and not just with 1 panel, but atleast 4-5 different ones.Does anyone have any ideas?Thanks for your helpBen

Guest Ben_Alfoldi

nevermind, there is a thread with the exact same problem a bit lower down, ill try that solution :)If anyone has a different idea then to turn on pilot heat then id be happy to hear it.Ben

What you describe indeed indicates having your pitot freezing over.

Guest Divergent Phugoid

Yes, that is FS' way of modelling a pitot freeze and I think it is a bug as the ASI should not ordinarily show zero when the pitot freezes. Another related bug is that the mach meter continues to indicate normally.